Thursday, June 29

The fun never ends.

If you know me well, you know that I have a nasty little habit of being skeptical of almost everyone. So, can you imagine what it's like to be my adoption agency coordinator? The poor girl has to endure call after call from me...just wanted to confirm that you did this...sorry, just wanted to double-check that so-and-so in Guatemala is working on this...and so on. Generally, one email from me winds up being four emails and a call to her before I'm satisfied with the information I'm getting.

On that note, yesterday I checked our credit card to make sure that the DNA testing payments were made and, lo and behold, the charge for Gus's testing wasn't there. Since the DNA samples are en route to the lab, I immediately called our coordinator and expressed my concern. Then, I called the lab. Then, I called the coordinator. Then, the coordinator called the lab. Then the coordinator called the lab again. This morning, the issue has been resolved.

Some people call it neurosis. I call it being your own advocate, people. Still, I should probably send our coordinator flowers (or a new car) when this whole thing is said and done.

No comments: