Sorry it has been so long since I've posted. I'm really trying to post more often, but the days are so full of playing and coloring and eating and crawling that I can't seem to find the time. Anyway, we had a great weekend. On Friday, Catalina and I bought ourselves new flip-flops. Might not sound like a big deal to you, but it was huge for her! She loves them and she loved it that I painted her toenails the same color as mine. She would wear one pair of flip-flops around and carry the others so that the doggies wouldn't chew them up (below).

Oh, fyi, I had my hair dyed brown, brown, brown on Thursday. I just wanted a really big change and I happen to love it. Louie, Cati, Gus, and my friends also seem to love it, so I'm glad that it wasn't a huge mistake.

On Saturday, I went to a baby shower for one of our good friends and then Louie's parents came over. Louie's dad helped with yardwork and his mom entertained Catalina for a little while so that I could fold clothes and run to the grocery store. We were vvvvvery thankful for the help!
On Sunday, we had nursery duty at church, so Cati and Gus both attended classes for the first time. I was in Gus's class and Louie in Cati's. Gus loved all the toys and was his usual content self. Catalina was nervous at first, but by the end of the class, she didn't want to leave. It didn't help that one of her favorite friends, Kali, came in at the very end.
After church, we attended little Abby's birthday party at the park. The weather was perfect and the party was so, so much fun!! I've got lots more pictures on my flickr.com account. Oh, speaking of that, access to our photos since we've been home is now restricted. If you have a flickr account and want to view our photos, email me and I'll set you up as one of my contacts so you can see them.





One last thing...my good friend, Stephanie, found out last week that baby Amelia is coming home from Guatemala!! Steph and Joel will be bringing her home this week. They are over the moon and we couldn't be happier for them! They've had a hard road, but now it's time to enjoy the fruits of that grueling process. Praise God!

2 comments:
I LOVE your hair!!Gorgeous!!!
So good to see happy families having fun! WE had a gorgeous weekend too -
Be sure to tke some time for you too Momma:)
Mommas tend to give out more than they realize and we all need to try to remember to take the time to put lots of good stuff back in -
Remember - if you are not OK - nobody is is:):):):):)
A little free advice from Me:):)
Julia:)
I love the hair as well. It looks awesome - how brave of you! Sounds like you are more and more getting to do and feel more normal. Looks like you are having quite a lot of fun as well!
Post a Comment