Wednesday, December 26

Merry Christmas!

We had a wonderful Christmas...our first one together! Our only wish was that baby Max could have been here to celebrate with us, but we believe that he'll be here with us next year.

Santa kept the gifts to a minimum in our household this year. The kids got a few fun things, but Louie and I asked that he not get us anything, since we already have everything in the world we could want, with the exception of Max.

There's too much to tell about our Christmas day and the days leading up to it, so I'll just share some pictures and some little stories as I go.

Matching jammies and chairs:

IMG_5482 IMG_5483

IMG_5496

A day at the park, with a stop for Cati's first cup of hot chocolate. A preteen girl hit Gus in the face with a ball, right after she fussed at me for moving her Cheetos bag off the kiddie slide. Mare, let's just say I didn't question what to do in this situation...I let loose on her.

IMG_5508

He was smiling again in no time.

IMG_5544

Yum!

IMG_5579

Gus reluctantly got his hair cut on Christmas eve.

IMG_5647

Both of the kids were overwhelmed by the anticipation and excitement. Catalina had a breakdown after lunch. She was watching Frosty the Snowman and just burst into tears, telling me, "Mama, I wish I could see snow." I promised that we would take her to see snow sometime in the future and that she'd just have to be patient. She said, "But, it's going to be a long time. I really want to make a Frosty the Snowman and it's just hot here." She was absolutely pitiful...and then she was asleep about thirty seconds later.

After the kids' much-needed naps, we went to the children's service at our church on Christmas eve. It was really nice and the kids were very well-behaved the whole time. After the service, Catalina and Gus and a few other kids played around in the hay left over from the living nativity scene. Very cute!

IMG_5654

IMG_5659

IMG_5661

IMG_5673

IMG_5678

IMG_5685

IMG_5689

Cati left cookies and milk for Santa, carrots for the reindeer, and a note saying, "Santa, I love you. Cati, Gus, Max, Mama, and Papa."

IMG_5700

Okay, I'll post Christmas day pictures and stories tomorrow.

No comments: