
Cool cats:

All four kids:

Speaking of my kids, we've been talking to Catalina more and more about Max lately. We have been telling her that Max is in his birth mama's tummy because we figured that she could understand that concept better than the adoption process. Her Tia Missy is pregnant, so she gets that. Red tape and PGN, not so much. One day she asked me, "Is baby Max almost big?" I knew right away what she was talking about and I said, "Yes, he's almost big enough to come out of his birth mama's stummy!" She said, "Ten more days?" I said, "No, a lot longer than that, unfortunately." She said, "Eleven?!"
She is handling the possibility of a new brother so well and that just reminds us of what a remarkable little girl she is. She talks about Max all the time. While riding in our double stroller on the way to the park the other day, she told Louie, "Papa, I fink Mama will haf to get a new stroller when baby Max comes home!" And, over the weekend, I said that I was the luckiest mama in the world because I had two perfect babies. Cati said, "No, Mama, THREE babies" with a precious smile on her face. Then, last night, she brought me her little play cell phone and said, "Here Mama, it's baby Max." After I talked to him, she got back on the phone and told him that she had to go take a bath. "I love you. Bye." (sigh)

No comments:
Post a Comment