Sunday, July 13

AR trip, continued

Days three and four at Bibi and Grandad’s were just as much fun as the first two. Friday was the 4th of July, which was also the observance of our Murph-dog’s sixth birthday. In the morning, the kids got to play at the park.

Caputos7.4.08 001

Caputos7.4.08 008

Caputos7.4.08 022

After the park, a little bit of fun with bubbles in the backyard:

IMG_1062

During our visit, both kids got to see bunny rabbits in my parents’ backyard. One time, I tried to take Cati and Gus for a closer look. The bunny ran off into the woods and Gus jumped down from my arms and screamed, “Bunnnnny, bunnnnny,” while trying to follow it into the woods. Cati, on the other hand, is following in her mama’s cautious footsteps, “There are snakes in the woods, aren’t there?” Gus wanted to hang out by the trees waiting for the bunny to come out. Yes, he has his jammies on.

IMG_1076

Then, more bubbles. They just don’t get old, do they?

IMG_1083

IMG_1095

Next, the kids got to experience their first sparklers before Gussy went off to bed. I was a nervous wreck about Gus handling a sparkler.

IMG_1128

IMG_1131

Later that evening, Cati got to play with the sparklers in the dark. She had so much fun, especially writing words and drawing shapes in the air with them. She loves these pictures, as do I!

IMG_1147

Papa and Cati writing Cati’s initials in the air!

IMG_1163

So cute!

IMG_1174

Saturday was a low-key day. First, more bubbles. I have to include this picture, just because I think it’s really pretty:

IMG_1191

Later that day, the kids went to school with my dad. He showed Cati some little experiments and then they got to see some animals in the biology department.

IMG_1229

IMG_1236

IMG_1237

Trying their hand at teaching, I guess:

IMG_1241

We had a picnic outside that evening, though Catalina was quick to tell us that it wasn’t really a picnic since we were eating at a table and not on the ground. Still, it was a wonderful evening.

IMG_1247

Everybody’s summertime favorite, watermelon!

IMG_1274

IMG_1276

More Arkansas photos tomorrow, including their canoe trip and Cati's first tennis lesson! Also, Cati's birthday party and new photos from baby Max's foster family!!

1 comment:

Jenny (Twin Mommy!!!) said...

HEy Ab - So sorry to miss you guys in Arkansas. What a bummer!! Looks like you had a great time. I had no idea your parent's garden was so huge. That is aweseme. I can't wait to see pictures of Max tomorrow.

We are doing good here - just trying to find repreive from the hot! Take care! Love you, Skinny