
(Bibi, please note that Chichi, the chihuahua, was in attendance)
Then, Wednesday was a super-busy because Cati had two appointments (doctor and dentist). The dentist appointment lasted for-ehhhh-ver ("forever" being the word that Cati uses to describe any activity that lasts more than fifteen minutes or so). She had a cleaning, a filling to replace a previous filling that fell out last week, and then the dentist found (ah-hem) four more cavities. Let me tell you, when the dentist came out to talk to me about the new cavities, it was like being called into the principal's office in school. He had a deep, official tone in his voice as he talked to me about brushing and flossing twice a day and about not letting her have sugary snacks. I'm sorry, but if y'all know me at all, you know that I don't give my children sugary snacks. Granted, we sure haven't been flossing her teeth regularly, but the chips were stacked against us to begin with (she didn't exactly have adequate dental hygeine during the first three-and-a-half years of her life). We'll be going back to the principal's office this week to have her new cavities filled and I'm uncomfortable just thinking about it.
The rest of last week was filled with rain showers and laziness (both of which fit my mood since I was still depressed from my trip and missing baby Max). The poor kids were bored stiff and sick of hanging out with me all the time, so here's hoping that the weather is nicer (and that Mama is more cheerful) this next week.

3 comments:
First of all Max is beautiful... just precious. My prayers are with you!!!
Second, sorry about the teeth stuff. That is hard on Mommy and Cati. Ask your dentist about a sealant for the teeth it is something that they can brush on all of them as a preventative (lots of kiddos are doing it here... at least kiddos I know). I may do it for Eliza just because even if she did not get teeth until she came home, I still wonder if the nutrition was adequate while thier birthmom was pregnant.
Abby, I'm so glad we found each other! Your children are beautiful and I can tell you are a fantastic mother. Max is precious and my heart is broken for you right now after reading what you all are going through. I am praying for you and your family.
Amy Pope James
Oh friend. I hear ya. Brooks has baby bottle mouth - my fault completely. His 1st 2 adult teeth are even coming in with decay. With the autism stuff I just let him have a bottle to help him sleep up until he was 3 - it was the only way he'd actually sleep (sucking the bottle all night).
And the dentist treats me like a serial murderer. So I can relate. :)
Post a Comment