There are a few specific things that we are praying for in these final weeks (if you find them on your heart, please pray with us):
- That things will continue to progress quickly and smoothly to the completion of his adoption
- That God will prepare baby Max for the transition to a new family, a new country, and a new culture. These are big, big changes for such a little child, so we also pray that God will give us the wisdom, understanding, and patience to help that transition go smoothly, no matter how long it takes or how difficult it is.
- That God will comfort the foster family and give them peace about Max's new life. They have loved this child as their own for 14 months and it is going to be incredibly difficult for them to say "good-bye."
- That God will help Louie and me carve out time in each day to devote to Catalina and Gus, so that the transition is smooth for them, too. I am especially worried and sad about sweet Gus. Catalina is going to be thrilled about her baby brother, but I expect that Gussy will have a difficult time sharing his parents' and sister's attention.
One final thing...the foster family sent us an email yesterday. They said that Maxito is happy and healthy and growing every day. They said that he is already walking, but that he would prefer to be running! They attached several pictures of Max. The pictures made us even more anxious to see him and bring him home!




8 comments:
I can't even tell you how happy I am for y'all. I'll be praying that God will meet all of the needs of each of you. Love, Natalie
I am in tears reading your post - and seeing pictures of your beautiful baby Max.
Abby, I will pray for all of those request but I want to tell you (remind you because you already know) that Max is a miracle. A miracle ordained by God Himself - no one who knows how these things happen would believe it if you told them. And Max (and your family) are going to have one of the most AMAZING testimonies I can think of as to His PERFECT PLANS - and how man can never thwart them.
It gives me the chills how this all worked out. And it is truly unfathomable through the eyes of man for this to have happened. It is a miracle. Plain and simple.
I love you all - this little guy is going to do GREAT. And you have the same worries about Gus that all of us moms have ever had about adding a new addition to the family. Gus is probably not going to be thrilled - but in a short amount of time (and it will be short! It always is! LOL!) he will forget what it was like to *not* have his bby brother there.
They are going to be BEST friends. For the rest of their lives. (But don't kid yourself, they're siblings and they're going to fight - that's normal) Whatever little adjustment Gus baby has to endure is going to be for the good of the rest of his life. And Cati's.
I love you - I love how GOOD our God is that he is bringing this precious angel home to you. And I cannot WAIT to see what God has in store for your family next.
xoxoxoxoxo (Praising God for you all!!)
Hey! I hope this is because I just saw him, but I think Maxito looks like James Floyd! Surely I'm crazy. But James would be beyond flattered!
Mermaid coming-up this weekend!
Tea
Jules
It was so great to talk with you this week. I am thrilled about baby maxitos arrival. Your prayer requests will each be met here. I know it will be quite the transition for all of you. Here is hoping the next few weeks until you pick him up, just fly by. Love you! Jenny
Abby,
I don't know if you remember me, but I have been checking your blog and I am SO HAPPY for your family. God IS so GOOD and FAITHFUL to finish what He begins.
I will be praying for your specific prayer requests and KNOW that He WILL meet them.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
amanda
Oh Ab... how blessed you are.... but even more so, how blessed those children are to have such wonderful, faithful, loving, God-fearing and God-trusting, parents. Max is BEAUTIFUL just like his siblings. We will be keeping our fingers crossed for a quick homecoming! Just think, your whole family will be together for the holidays! ILY! boo
The Caputo Family is in the Lessen Family's prayers, always!
I can't wait to hear what's next! So exiting. I am so incredibly happy for yall.
Post a Comment