After a quick lunch at another of Matt & Julie's usual spots, the girls were off to Catalina's first Broadway show!


It was Chi-chi the Chihuahua's first Broadway play, too!

Our awesome seats were on the front row of the balcony. Actually, it was a "box" on the front row of the "front mezzanine." I looked it up.

The whole gang (and, yes, the collector cups that Jules, Bibi, and I are holding are filled with beer...who knew?!):

The show was amazing! I thought Catalina would like it, but I had no idea that she would love it! Everytime she looked at me during the show with a huge grin on her face, I felt like I was going to cry. She was so sweet...there was a little boy that played "Flounder" and she thought he was so cute. She told me, "That little boy is very brave!" And, she wanted to know about every little detail. How do the mermaids make their tails move? How do the eels make their eyes look red and their costumes glow? Are they really kissing?! Too funny!
After the show, Tio Matty met us at the theatre. Then, we were off to the Sanrio Luxe store. Matt was kind enough to carry Cati through the crazy masses in Times Square. Thank goodness!


We spent waaay too long in the Sanrio store. It's just so hard for a little girl to be faced with that many choices at one time!

Next, we made a quick stop at H&M, then walked a "few" blocks (more than Catalina was expecting) to a delicious Mexican restaurant near where my brother works. Here's Cati when I stopped to take a picture of the NYU Cancer Center:

After some very tasty food, we jumped in a cab back to Matt and Julie's place, where Catalina and I got a little silly and tried on some of Tio Matty's hats:

On Monday, the last day of our trip, we went out for bagels before hitting Central Park. These are probably a couple of my favorite pictures of the trip...my little brother and my little girl!


On our way to the park, we took pictures of a fire station and police station for the boys. Then, Catalina saw a tractor and wanted a picture for the boys, too.

I forgot to mention that Matt took me for a run in Central Park on Saturday. So much fun for me! On Monday, our purpose was solely to take Catalina to the carousel. On our way, we stopped to look at the horse-drawn carriages (which she loved!), as well as birds' nests and even a black squirrel. Here she is, stopped in front of a tank which contained two seals, using her cute, little Japanese-art-covered fingernails to pick "Pop Rocks" out of her hair (part of her Dylan's Candy Bar loot)! : )

We made it to the carousel, and it was just as adorable as we thought (if not a little faster than we expected!):



After the carousel rides, Tia Jules had a moment of genius..."I wonder if we could get into Tavern on the Green for lunch?" Just so happens that we did and it was a very lovely lunch, the perfect ending to our perfect day in the park!


(This one was taken by Cati)

Sadly, our trip had to come to an end at some point. A few last pictures, then we were off to the airport.
In front of M & J's soon-to-be-ex-apartment building!

Cati in her last yellow cab of the trip:

Catalina was a superstar! Julie and Matt were super-hosts! We cannot wait to go back!

2 comments:
Enjoyed all the pictures. So many memories.
Oh my gosh. I cannot even imagine the fun!! AND Little Mermaid on Broadway. She'll remember this her whole life. :)
Post a Comment