Tuesday, June 9

End-of-school & BFFs in town!

We've had a busy few weeks since our trip to NYC! The end of the school year is always crazy, I guess (this is the first time we've been through it!). Before our trip, Catalina had her end-of-the-year program. It was bittersweet, of course, as she is excited about starting kindergarten in the fall, but sad to leave her wonderful pre-k teacher and friends. I am so thankful that her first ever classroom experience has been such a good one! Here are a few pics from her last week of school. She missed the class party to go to NYC. I thought she'd be upset, but the girl's got her priorities straight...didn't mind one bit missing the party because she knew the fun that was awaiting her in "The Big Apple!"

Cati’s final show & tell day…she was a “Girl from Guatemala” (they each picked a letter and illustrated it):

IMG_1611

The boys at her spring program:

IMG_1728

Cati on stage!

IMG_1743

During the tumbling portion of the show:

IMG_1754

Gussy loved seeing her onstage, but at one point he decided he wanted her to hold him (see the video below…he still says “hold you” instead of “hold me”):



And, here’s Max doing the “Hokey Pokey” with Cati’s class onstage:



For some reason, Gussy's last day of school was more emotional for me. Catalina loves school and is super-excited about what's to come. Gussy was a harder sell, so to speak, and I think the fact that he finally fell in love with his teachers and his school says a lot about what a special preschool he attends. He wasn't really aware that he wouldn't wouldn't be seeing his teacher and his class this summer, but I was and I was sad about it. (I couldn't be sad for too long, though, because as soon as I picked Gussy up from his last day of school, we headed to the airport to pick up some of our best friends on the planet, the McLaughlins, from the airport!)

At his end-of-school party…yummy red snowcones for all!

IMG_2097

There was a bubble machine…good for hours of fun for the Caputo kids!

IMG_2110

IMG_2131

I guess the snow cone-, pizza-, and bubble machine-induced happiness got the best of Gussy and he gave Max’s head a little love pat/rub in front of the bounce house!!

IMG_2130

Gussy’s last day:

IMG_2214

A “good-bye” picture with Miss Karen:

IMG_2216

Naturally, I’ve gone on too long and now I don’t have time to tell you about our wonderful weekend with the McLaughlins. I’ll fill you in next time. I have a thing about chronological order, though, and it’s really bothering me that I still haven’t filled y’all in on Max’s baptism. I promise that I’ll get to it soon. But, before I go, in an effort to keep from getting further backlogged, I’m going to share a few pictures from a really fun day we had before the end of school in Clearwater with the Barrows and the Bomsteins. Thanks so much to Miss Merritt for inviting us to enjoy their perfect little corner of the beach!

IMG_2049

Cati and Connell had so much fun splashing around in the waves. It had been a while since they had seen each other and we could tell that they were happy to be back together again!

IMG_2058

IMG_2086

IMG_2073

Max watching the big kids:

IMG_2088

Gussy likes to play alone, but Max likes to join the big kids. So, he ventured out a little too far for his liking (see below, running back to the safety of the sand)!

IMG_2094

Okay, more soon. Love!

1 comment:

trixie said...

Enjoyed the update.