We are so excited to be visiting our little angels next week, May 25 - 30! To give you a little info on the trip, we will be flying into Guatemala City on the afternoon of the 25th. We'll then go to Antigua (~45 minutes from Guatemala City) for the night. We're staying at a wonderful hotel called Posada Del Angel. Then, on the morning of the 26th, we'll go back to Guatemala City and check into our hotel. The agency's contact, the foster mom, and the kids will meet us there and the kids will stay with us for the rest of the visit. I can't even tell you how excited (and nervous) we are! My dad asked me last night...do you even know how to take care of a baby?! Um, I guess. Most of our knowledge is hypothetical at this point. My friend and neighbor has invited me over to give me a crash course on bathing and changing and lots of other newborn stuff. And, Nat has given me a checklist of information...if your one month old is crying, the reason could be one of the following... And, friends that have adopted recently have given us lots of advice about the trip. I'm so appreciative of all of it! What would we do without these people?!
So, other than getting some last minute tips, we are ready for the trip. Their little clothes and toys and bottles are all ready to go. Cross your fingers and say a prayer that all goes well. I will have lots to tell you and show you when we get back. Until then, thanks from the bottom of my heart for your love and support and prayers.
Thursday, May 18
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Abby and Louie,
Good luck on your trip to meet your kids. I'm so happy for you and hope that all goes well. I know that you guys will be awesome parents. I can't wait to see the pictures when you guys get back. Congratulations!
- Mellie
Post a Comment