
I know that most of you are tuning in for adoption updates, but I want to brag quickly on my father, who just completed another half-Ironman triathlon (he has done several half-Ironman tri's and one full Ironman!). He did a great job, especially considering the heat on the day of the race! It was miserably hot for those of us who were spectators, so I can only imagine how the participants felt. For those of you that don't know the magnitude of this type of event, it consists of a
1.2 MILE SWIM, a
56 MILE BIKE, and a
13.1 MILE RUN!
And, while I'm bragging on my very talented family, I'd like to add that my little brother is now a PhD, having successfully defended his dissertation earlier this month! I was proud to be in attendance at the presentation and I can tell you that he did an exceptional job...not just saying that because he's my little brother...everyone else thought so, as well. He started back to med school rotations yesterday and will finish up his second doctorate degree next May!
No comments:
Post a Comment