
Also, we received an email from our foster family and it's the sweetest thing...
"How are you? I hope that you are well. I went to the post office today and got your package and delivered it to Cati. Cati and Gustavo are very well. We took them to the pediatrician and Gustavo weighed 11.5 pounds. He is growing very large and is in very good health. He eats a lot. He has precious eyes and very large feet. He is beautiful. Cati saw the doctor and is in very good health. She eats well and is very happy. Every time she sees an airplane, she says here comes my Mami and my Papi. Cati is very intelligent. She looks often at the photos of Papi and Mami and of the house where she and Gustavo will soon live. She is most loving with her little brother. She kisses him a lot and takes care of him. There is not a day that she does not talk about their Papi and their Mami. She wants to be with you soon.
What good children Cati and Gustavo are. They are very beautiful and anxious for the day to arrive that her Papi and Mami return, the two people that will change their lives. You are going to be surprised when you see Gustavo. He is very big and beautiful. He has pretty eyes and he smiles a lot. God will take care of them until you return soon to see your children. Cati and Gustavo send a kiss and strong hug. Until then, Fulvia"
Makes me cry to read it, to type it just now, to think about it. We are beyond-blessed to have such a wonderful family looking after our babies. They threw a party - with presents and a pinata! - for Cati's birthday. In a poor country like Guatemala, that is really a very generous thing to do, especially for a child that isn't even your child. The fact that they write us and tell us such nice things about our children, and that they talk to our children about us, is a wonderful and kind thing. We know how lucky we are and we are so thankful. After the adoption, we will do everything we can to keep in touch with Rosita and Fulvia and their family...because they have really become part of our family through this process.

3 comments:
That email from Fulvia is the sweetest. It made me cry too. I love Cati's birthday party pictures. The pinata is HUGE! Gus looks beautiful and is getting so big!
Abbie, I have been so excited for you and Louie ever since Jennifer told me the good news!! Today I was able to see your blog for the first time and I have chill bumps for you. Your son and daughter are so beautiful and are gifts straight from Heaven. The stress and beauracy will be worth it all in the end. I look forward to more updates and the blessed arrival home. I love you, Momma Margie
Oh my gosh I am so crying reading the letter you got from the foster family....You know I am a Cati fan for sure and Mr. Gis is getting so big...I can't believe it. It is so good to see you again..Hugs Candy and Kya Blu
Post a Comment