Wednesday, July 19

Birthday Boy!!!

Today our little man, Gus, is 3 months old! I really hope that his big sis and foster mom give him lots of extra love and attention today. And, while I'm hoping, I'll also hope that he gets an Embassy pre-approval and a Family Court exit! Wouldn't those be nice birthday gifts!?

Gus was only five weeks old when we met him, so I can only imagine how much he has changed in the past couple of months. It is heartbreaking sometimes when I think about all the little things that we've missed seeing, like his first smile, and all the minutes of their lives that we've missed out on while we wait for this process. But, I have to quickly remind myself of all the amazing things we have to be thankful for...that God brought us Cati and Gus (that's the biggest blessing of our lives), that they are in such a loving and nurturing environment with wonderful Rosita while they wait for us, that they are healthy and safe, and that with every day that passes, they are growing and learning and getting that much closer to coming home!

Happy birthday, baby boy!

No comments: