Last week began with lots of celebration, but it ended on a very sad note. On Friday, my cat, Dixie, died. He would have 13 years old next month. It was completely unexpected. He was absolutely fine on Thursday morning and then when we got home on Thursday night, he was really lethargic and just wasn't being his usual self. Louie checked on him throughout the night because we were both worried about him (he has only been sick a couple of times in his life and both times were very minor). Early Friday morning, Louie woke me up to tell me that he had just gotten a lot worse in a really short period of time. Then, within minutes, he was gone. Louie and I are devastated, but we are trying to focus on the fact that he didn't suffer and wasn't sick for more than a day.
Dixie has been a member of the family since I was 18 years old, so my house just doesn't feel the same without him. I looked through old pictures this weekend and found the cutest pictures of him as a kitten. My roommate at the time had a sweet little Yorkie named Mason and those two were best friends and partners in crime. I'll try to scan those photos tonight and add them. For now, here are a couple of pictures of Dixie. The first is pretty typical of him...always trying to sneak into the dryer or any other little hiding place. The second is of Dixie and our niece, who loved him and called him Dipsie.

2 comments:
I'm so sorry about Dipsie.
Oh, and please post some kitten pictures. I don't think I've ever seen them.
Post a Comment