I have made a sweet friend who is also going through the Guatemalan adoption process. She and I have determined that we are addicted to adoption information...information about our cases, timelines of others that have gone through it, anything we can get our hands on. We can't get enough.
Well, ever since last Friday, I have been extra-psycho about our case, rrrrreally needing to hear some news about progress. And today, on Gus's 12-week birthday, I found out that we've made some progress! As it turns out, the birth mother interview, done by a social worker from Family Court, has already been completed. I wasn't even aware that the Family Court process had begun, so this is good news. After the social worker interview, it typically takes about three to five weeks to get out of family court. Then, we'll move on to PGN. PGN is kind of tricky (I'll explain more about it when we get there) and can last anywhere from a few weeks to six months.
Another item of significance...the social worker interview is the third of four times that our birth mother must give her official consent to the adoption.
Our DNA testing was completed and the results mailed out on Friday, the 7th. Louie and I will receive a hardcopy (hopefully today) of the results and the U.S. Embassy will also receive a copy. Then, the Embassy will issue its pre-approval. We cannot exit PGN without the Embassy's pre-approval, so the sooner we get it, the better.
So, there's your update. Hope you've enjoyed it as much as I did!
Wednesday, July 12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment