Monday, October 30

Approaching day 100 in PGN

We still haven't heard anything from PGN. We had a meeting with our agency director and coordinator last week and they were basically no help at all. The best things to come out of the meeting were the compliments they gave us on our children. The agency director said that we are adopting the prettiest girl in all of Guatemala. He also commented on how funny she is and how carefully she looks out for her little brother. On his last trip to Guatemala, the agency director had all of the foster moms bring the adoptive children in for photos. He was passing out little stuffed animals to all the kids and he gave one to Catalina. He said she came right back and told him she needed one for Gustavo. He was very impressed by our sweet girl!

On another note, last week was my first week of "retirement." I must say that I enjoyed it very much. I spent a lot of time working on the kids' rooms and also visiting with lots of friends and their kiddos. Our friends, Jose and Claire, were here on vacation, so Louie and I spent an afternoon with their family. Here are some photos of their adorable and sweet children.

DSCN5196DSCN5195

Y'all have heard me talk about my good friend, Stephanie (adopting Amelia from Guatemala, currently waiting to be entered into PGN). I met Steph randomly over the internet (something I swore I'd never do) on the Guatemala adoption forum. Over the past several months, she has become a source of encouragement and support for which I am truly thankful. Anyway, I went to visit her last week and we had dinner with our other adoption friend, Bibi (adopting J.R. from Guatemala, currently stuck in PGN like us). Bibi is going to be in Guatemala with us later this week. Thank goodness for sweet (and bilingual) Bibi! She's going to help me and Abuelita a lot!!

I had a blast hanging out with Steph and her family. Her kids are super-cute and funny!!

DSCN5205DSCN5200

DSCN5199meelah

Then, last night we went to the cutest, little birthday party for our friends' two-year-old. Everything was perfect - the decorations, the food, the little kids in their costumes (a dinosaur, two fairy princesses, a frog, a peapod, and, the guest of honor, a spider...his mom was his spider web!). Everyone had a great time! Happy birthday to Oliver!

DSCN5230DSCN5212

No comments: