I'm sorry to say that it doesn't look like we'll be hearing the magic word - OUT - this week. And, unfortunately, that means that an October pick-up trip is not likely. I'm very sad about that, but what can we do? Just pray and hope that they are home by Thanksgiving, I guess.
I am feeling really selfish right now. I know that Cati and Gus are in good hands. Rosita and Fulvia are my saving graces in the midst of all this. I know that Rosita loves them like her own grandchildren and that she takes care of them like that, too. I know that I don't have to worry about their safety and I'm very thankful for that. But, selfishly, I just want them home. I want to be with them. NOW. I entertained the idea of another visit trip for about a second before I realized that I cannot possibly go through the process of leaving them again. The next time I go down to Guatemala, I am leaving with them. End of story.
On a much lighter note, I have to share a precious story. My friend, Steph, and her husband are adopting a beautiful baby girl, Amelia, from Guatemala. They also have three biological children at home. She was telling her three-year-old son last night that he has a new friend - that her name is Catalina and she lives near Amelia now, but she's moving near Mickey Mouse and that she is three just like him. She said that he is currently fascinated with the concept of marriage and the idea of who everybody is going to marry. She said that he looked at her with a super-serious look and said, "I no marry her, Mommy." Don't you love it?
Friday, October 6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I can only hope my son comes to his senses - he'd be lucky to marry Miss Catalina - she's a beauty!! Hang in there - every day down is one day closer. ((HUGS)) Stephanie
Post a Comment