Friday, November 17

Day 115 in PGN

On Wednesday, I had a little, bitty panic attack, thinking that we will just never get out of PGN. I called both our coordinator and the agency's founder/director. I expressed to both of them that, even compared to the longest timelines I have seen, our PGN timeline is excessively long, especially given the fact that there have been no previos (i.e., a paperwork issue that causes a "kick-out" and requires either the Guatemalan attorney or us to redo a particular document or portion of document). Our coordinator responded that our Guatemalan attorney is trying to schedule a meeting with PGN today to find out more about our case and others that have been in PGN for quite a while. At this point, I am pretty jaded and am not expecting much from this meeting. Let's just pray that Mr. PGN has a soft and compassionate heart during this meeting and that he will LET OUR BABIES OUT!

And, in case you were wondering, unless we get out of PGN by the end of this month, there is very little chance that Catalina and Gus will be home for Christmas. Louie's birthday is on the 27th of this month. I am praying extra-hard that their Papa gets a birthday miracle. My sweet friend, Steph (who is currently in her own, much worse, Guatemalan adoption saga), always says that if God can change the hearts of kings, He can change the heart of the PGN director and He can pull these adoptions off. She's having a hard time believing that this week and, honestly, I don't blame her. It's hard for me to believe some days. I feel like I'm surrounded by adoption drama. My friend, Bibi, has been in PGN as long as we have with several previos. Plus, her foster mom was doing such a poor job of caring for little J.R. that her Guatemalan attorney pulled him from the foster home. The attorney is now caring for him herself. And, Stephanie and Joel's adoption process has been one disappointment after another. It makes me never want to complain about ours at all. Our friends, Josh and Keely, have been in Ethiopia for almost a month with baby Salem, about whom many of you have asked. Salem has been very sick during their time with her, but, thankfully, that very strong, little baby girl has pulled through it all. Last I heard, they might be coming home this week! They posted this verse on their blog. It definitely spoke to me, not only about our adoption struggles, but about Bibi and Stephanie's, and how best to support them during this time...

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

We are definitely weak right now, but He can pull this off. And, there are beautiful and perfect prizes at the end of this...Cati, Gus, Amelia, J.R., and Salem.

4 comments:

JuJu - said...

My heart breaks for you - but my faith is strong for you too! I am saying prayers on behalf of your adoption cases and for your Mother's heart:)

JUlia

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you get OUT real soon.

Ginger

Anonymous said...

I really thought my case was a fluke but it seems like more and more people are getting stuck in PGN. I'm thinking about you and hoping you get out soon.

Anonymous said...

I love your faithfulness, friend. It has blessed me time and again. You are a big Christian - and a great mom. :--)