Wednesday, December 13

Today

December 13, 2006 is the day that we've all been waiting for!

I got the call this morning from our agency coordinator saying that we were released from PGN yesterday!! She said that we will probably travel to pick them up in early- to mid-January.

I couldn't tell Louie over the phone, so I drove to his office - 45 long minutes from our home! - and surprised him with the news! It was a wonderful moment for me to see the happiness (and relief) on his face.

We honestly cannot thank each of you enough for your support and encouragement and prayers. You have been a bright spot in the middle of our long and difficult wait. You, our faith, and our precious children have kept us going. We're asking for your prayers again, though, for our trip and that all goes smoothly until we are back home safely with Catalina and Gus.

We love you and thank you and can't wait for you to meet our babies!!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Put up a picture of the LOGS! Let them be a symbol of this triumph!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I AM SO THRILLED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see those beautiful children in your arms FOREVER!!!!
dawnz:D

Anonymous said...

MUCH Happy Dancing!! I am SO excited for you!!! That's awesome. Let's hope you can travel sooner than mid-Jan. WOO HOOOO!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just received your email and you have me in tears. I am so excited for you and your family. Your babies deserve the best, and I believe they got the best in you guys. Lots of love and prayers. Tiffany

Anonymous said...

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy & excited for you!!!!! =)

Michelle just ran through the office telling the good news!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys - I just can't quit smiling and told EVERYONE in our office! I wish I could've seen the look on your face when you found out! Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

HOOOOORAY!!!!!!!!!!! THE BABIES ARE COMING! THE BABIES ARE COMING!!!! Abby and Louie, I am thrilled beyond measure for you both! This is a day you have waited FAR too long for! And you have both been so faithful - I am truly blown away by how you weathered this storm. And Louie, I'm not kidding - I'll be emailing some dates to you. Better warm up that prayer chair!!!

Anonymous said...

You have been so faithful yet so human, your journey has been long and trying I am amazed at your strength. Thank you for sharing your experience, I have thoroughly enjoyed following along. I hope you keep posting, I'm addicted!!
Andrea Harris

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! What a wonderful day with the best news you could ever receive!! What a Merry Christmas you will have... preparing for the arrival of your gorgeous children!!

I am a long time reader, but I think this may be the first time I have posted a comment... this news deserves all the cheers us lurkers can give! Yippee!!

Anonymous said...

YIPPIEEE!!! I've been checking your blog about 350 times per day waiting for this news. I'm so happy for you guys. I got chills when I read it.

Anonymous said...

I too have been a long time lurker and this news is worth posting for! I also live in Orlando and we just brought our baby girl Mia home Oct. 13th. We were in PGN 121 days. I am so happy for you both! Congratulations and your kids are beautiful! My website is www.thewittmans.com in case you want to see my little Mia and her 4 year old brother, Ty. All the best to you!

Anonymous said...

Abby and Louis - we are so happy for you! More kids in the neighborhood!! YIPPEEEE!! What a way to start your New Year!

Anonymous said...

I got your email and truly, I teared up at my desk. I'm so thrilled for you both! What a wonderful Christmas gift!

Anonymous said...

Praise God!!! That's wonderful news. I've been following your journey for a while now and hope everyday to see that post. Sorry the wait has been so long and hard but those 2 adorable children will be home soon and the pain of the wait will soon be a memory.

Anonymous said...

GOD IS SO FAITHFUL TO HIS WORD - HE IS SUCH A GOOD GOD. HE IS MERCIFUL AND SO FULL OF GRACE. HE HOLDS EVERY TEAR WE CRY IN A JAR. HE KNOWS US EACH SO WELL AND CARES FOR EACH OF US SO MUCH. WE ARE HIS CHILDREN AND JUST AS WE LONG TO HAVE OUR CHILDREN NEAR TO US - SO HE LONGS TO HAVE US THAT CLOSE TO HIM!

CELEBRATING WITH YOU GUYS!

JULIA:)

Anonymous said...

I cannot begin to tell you how happy Derrick and I are for you both! Cati and Gus are so lucky to have the most amazing parents and we know that they can't wait to be HOME with you!! We love you both so much and can't wait to meet the precious kiddos. Seriously, I am smiling ear to ear! You have both been put through the test with what has to be the longest wait in PGN ever (at least it seems like that!) and you both have shown nothing but grace and patience. You two are amazing!

LOOOVE YOU! Jones

Anonymous said...

What fabulous news! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for all of you! What a wonderful Christmas present!

Anonymous said...

I feel like I should post something since everyone else has.

The McLaughlins couldn't be happier for you. Orlando, here we come!

Love, Nat, Scott & Ford

Anonymous said...

Abby,
Although we are not close, once I found out about your adoption and this blog, I have looked forward to hearing this wonderful news for you and Louie. I too have prayed for these two beautiful, precious children to come home to you and am so thankful that everyone's prayers have finally been answered. I'll continue to pray that Catalina and Gus make it to Orlando safely. Looks like 2007 is the start of a truly wonderful life for your new family!

Take care,
Diane Williams from RCG

JuJu - said...

HEY GUYS!!!
May we please have your address -
please email it to:
McKenzieplumber1@aol.com

we would like to send you a Christmas Card!

Julia;)