Thursday, January 11

I've got good news and I've got sorta-bad news.

The sorta-bad news first...our agency doesn't think we will be able to bring the kiddies home until the week of January 29th. After waiting a year for them, you'd think that one more week wouldn't make a difference. But, we are really at the point right now where even one more day without them is way too much. If you're wondering why we have to wait this long, the official word is that things have been slowed down because of holiday closings and because our facilitator has been sick recently. Translation: someone in the process has been a slacker and isn't going to get around to requesting one of the birth certificates until next week. Next week, an entire month after we got out of PGN. There are no words for my frustration right now.

Let's move on to the really good news...my sister-in-law, the super-talented and fashionable Julie P. Hardee, is going to be on Martha Stewart next Friday, January 19th. She will be showing Martha and all of America how to make her adorable necklaces. If you aren't inclined to get the supplies and make one yourself, you can buy one for a very reasonable price by clicking on the icon in the right-hand column of my blog. If you are friends with me, chances are you have seen me wearing these necklaces on many occasions. I love, love, love them. Oh, and Julie's producer-contact at the show pointed out that there is a Louis Vuitton version of her necklaces in the February InStyle magazine (p. 115, I looked it up) for $850.

Okay, so please pray that we can pick-up Catalina and Gus before the end of this month. And, please watch and support my sister-in-law on Martha Stewart, Friday, January 19th. It comes on at 11:00 a.m. after the Today show here, but I don't know about other places. Here's a cute picture of Aunt Jules and Uncle Matt in Hawaii on their wedding-moon. They will be there again next week, so I chose this picture in honor of their fun trip #2.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been praying for you two. January 29th will be here soon! If you get the children in February, what a great Valentine present - Love that is undescribable! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Abby, I'm so sorry. You've had such a great attitude about waiting since you got out, but I know this must hurt so much. ((((HUGS)))) And I will definitely be watching your SIL on Friday!! That is SO COOL!!! I miss talking to you on the phone, PBKids lady. I'm ready for you to retire so we can gab endlessly during the day!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ab, I'm sorry they are being slackers. I know you just want your kids home.

Martha Stewart is on at 11:00 on ABC in Nashville. Way to go, Julie!

Aunt Nat

Anonymous said...

Abby hi--I am so sorry-- I feel your pain--we are waiting on PINK and I think making it this far and then waiting some more has an agony all of it own!!! I will be praying for you to get PINK soon!!! hugs!

Anonymous said...

Gosh Abby, I'm so sorry. I'm about ready to go down there and kick some butt for you guys. :)

I'll be watching Martha, I can't wait.