Sunday, May 13

My first official Mother's Day

I'm spending most of my first Mama's Day watching my amazing little brother graduate from Duke University with two doctorate degrees, an MD and a PhD in Pathology. He has worked extremely hard over the past 7 years, so there are really no words to describe how proud I am. Dr. Hardee and his lovely wife are headed to NY, NY next month to begin such an exciting time in their lives. They are both superstars and I'll keep you posted on their rise to the top!

The photo at left is my family minus Julie, who took the picture, after the Hippocratic Oath Ceremony on Friday. It was a very nice little ceremony held at the beautiful Duke Chapel. More pictures from the weekend soon.

The other little stars in my life have been having a fun weekend back at home. I've missed them so much and I can't wait to get my hands on them tonight. This weekend is the start of a whirlwind week for us all...Matt's grad, closing on our house, the chaos of packing and moving, and then we'll be in a new house by Friday. Lots of big changes for those little kiddies, but we will do our best to keep the stress on them to a minimum.

Have a good day, especially if you're a mother!

4 comments:

Kara Oosterhous said...

Cute family! Yea Matt! Ab, hope you had a wonderful mother's day! Thought about you and how completely happy you must be! Good luck with the big move. I can't wait to see photos of the house. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, boo

The Frugal Countess said...

Awwwwwww, you are a sweet big sister! I don't think you could be prouder than if *you* were his mama!! I know you're dreading the packing, etc. - I wish I was there to help. Can't wait to see the Caputo's in their new Tampa digs!!

JuJu - said...

Wow you were 1 hour and 15 minute from us -

Congrats to your brother -

Julia:)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with all the packing and moving. I hope it all goes smoothly for you. Congrats again on the new job! :)