We survived the move. Thankfully, my mom came to Orlando last week and helped with the kids while I prepared things and then while the movers packed everything up. Also, Louie's parents helped out a lot and let us stay with them while our stuff was loaded onto the truck. Move-in day was probably hardest on me and Louie...movers needing directions on where this bed or that box should go...dogs barking at the movers and the boxes...kids needing activities, attention, and food. It was stressful, to say the least. Catalina and Gus were really good through it all. Cati played with Louie's aunt and uncle in her new back yard, which she just loves to pieces. The previous owners left a little swingset-type thing and Catalina thinks it's a "little park" in her back yard.

The mountains of papers and boxes have proven to be great fun for all the kids, including Murphy, Doc, and Uncle Dave!! : )





Even little Gus managed to find things to keep him occupied and happy!



Back to work...there are still lots of things to be done before we are all moved in, but even in disarray, we love our new house and neighborhood. Our neighbor across the street brought us a bamboo plant to welcome us and our next door neighbor baked us a pie!! So nice! Plus, we live literally two minutes from my friend, Fraser, so she and Hadley have brought us food and have been providing daily breaks from the madness. Thanks, Fra, and thank you to my mom and to Louie's family for helping us out so much. Oh, and Heather, our realtor and friend, she's the best and has been so helpful, too. Okay, bye for now.

4 comments:
Is Gus already standing and/or walking on his own? Glad to hear the move went well. I'll miss you guys at the wedding, but stay tuned for pics. Take care in Tampa and come back to Orlando to visit sometime.
Mellie
Can I first say that Gus is so ginormously B-I-G standing on the swingset and on the dishwasher. He is a toddler all of a sudden!!!
And I'm so glad you made it into your house without losing your mind. Next time I move I want to "send for my things" like they always do on t.v.
I'm going to let you settle in but I'll call you next week! xoxoxoxo
WOW! You have been busy. Congrats on the move and I hope you all get settled quickly!
Ab:
I know you've had a very busy week! Hope that all is going well and that you are having great success making your new house a home! Hugs!
Post a Comment