Tuesday, June 26

Dirty Gussy and Chatty Cati

Okay, y'all might remember a few months ago when I was complaining nonstop about meal planning and how much I hated it. I'm getting better at meal planning, so it's not so bad anymore. Now, mealtime has developed a new set of challenges...dirty Gussy and chatty Cati.

Catalina starts talking the minute she sits in her booster chair and just doesn't stop. It has gotten to the point where I have to get mad at her before she'll stop talking and actually take a bite of food. Gus is finished with his meal, cleaned up (HUGE feat!) and down for a nap before the girl has cleaned her plate.

Gus, on the other hand, has gotten this eating thing down. In fact, he's so good at putting the food into his mouth that now he's trying something new with it...rubbing it into his hair. Not a meal goes by that he doesn't GRIND his food into his hair and face. It's a mess to clean up, but really quite funny. The past couple of days, he has also tried throwing the food across the room. No, not just dropping it on the floor, but SLINGING it as far as he can. Again, a mess to clean up, but we just can't help but laugh when he does it.

Here's the dirty little guy now...

Picture 004

Picture 010

Picture 015

Picture 022

I kept trying to get a picture of his new teef...big ones this time, his first molars. He's never really gotten fussy when he's cutting teeth, but these two seemed to bother him. They broke through last week, so hopefully they won't hurt him much anymore.

One more funny picture...occasionally Louie will pick up Gus when he (Louie) doesn't have a shirt on. It's the funniest thing because Gus dislikes the way Louie's chest hair feels on his skin and he always leans back and quickly pulls his arms away. I finally captured it on film...soooo funny!

Picture 061

Picture 066

3 comments:

Ashley said...

OH... the kitchen chairs will never be the same... gunked on food. I call them loved on chairs!

Cati (if your ready) buy a timer set it on the table with her (they have cute ones in the kitchen section of Tar-jay) set it for a reasonable amount of time ( for her it may be 30 min) what she has not finished when the timer goes off... goes away. 2 times of that and she will be sure to eat all she wants a little faster.

AND the hairy thing... Eliza does the same thing... cannot stand it. (I am not that fond of it either, BTW... I just don't get the purpose- ha ha)

The Frugal Countess said...

Gus is a grown man practically!! Oh my goodness he is so big!! And Cati is so big going to swimming lessons! She looks so cute with her bubble on - those are really good for their swimming form I've heard.

We totally need to do a Disney meet up - but I'll wait until it cools down a bit! ;-) You are a brave chickie going in July! I'm too much of a wimp!!

And can I tell you how much I LOVED my package!! I took them all to the hospital and I almost peed myself (lucky I had a catheter!! LOL!) reading the mommy book. That should be required reading for ALL moms and moms to be!

I miss you! Let's have a phone chat soon so we can catch up! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Mellie said...

Gus is getting so big! And I love the long hair. It reminds me of Marcus. Joey doesn't have that because he hasn't had the advantage of lots of hair from the beginning, and it's coming in quite curly. I'll be in your neck of the woods today to see our professional wedding photos and close again over July 4. Hope all is well.