Friday, July 27

Hungry, hungry hippo

No, he's not eating a ton, but he is getting his appetite back. I called the dietician (I've been calling her a nutritionist and I'm not really sure if there's a difference, but technically she's a pediatric dietician). She said that it was likely that Gus was sensing the change in his meal schedule and rebelling a bit and that it happens a lot. He also could have been out-of-sorts because of our travels last week (his sleep schedule still isn't back to normal from that) or it could have been his new teeth (both of his bottom first molars cut through over the past two days). The dietician just told me to keep on keepin' on so, we did and he seems to be responding pretty well.

Here are the last pics from our trip to Arkansas. We had a little get-together so people could meet Cati and Gus. It was too crazy to take pictures while people were there, but I took a few before and after the crowd. It was nice to see some of my high school friends and their sweet children (see pic below with Kara and Jenny...thanks for the pic, Skinny...that's what I called her in high school and she is already skinny again after having TWINS a few months ago!!)

IMG_0881

IMG_0888

july_24_007

Cati's new thing is playing "Ring Around the Rosie." Gus laughes his face off.

IMG_0905

The past two nights, Cati has greeted Papa at the door like this:

IMG_0954

IMG_1003

Last night, I needed a "shift change" right away, so Papa took over playing. They were so cute that I had to take some pictures.

IMG_1006 IMG_1010

IMG_1009

Okay, now this is the cutest thing I've ever seen...when we were in Cati's room (above), I wanted Gussy to show Louie how well he can give kisses (he used to give wet, open-mouth kisses and now he actually puckers up and it's just the sweetest thing ever). We kept saying "Give Papa a kiss" and he was so distracted he wouldn't do it. Then, I was following them to the play room with my camera trying to take a picture of smiley Gus over Papa's shoulder and Gus just busted out this big kiss for Papa and I started to cry immediately. I can't believe I caught it on the camera.

IMG_1012

IMG_1013

No comments: