Monday, August 20

Friends

We were very pleased to host some of our best friends on the planet over the past few days. Their son, Ford, has grown from a baby to a little man since I saw him last, so I loved catching up with him. Plus, it was Nat and Scott's first time to meet Catalina and Gus, so it was a special visit for everyone. We went to the beach and the park and shopped a little bit, but, for the most part, we just stayed around the house and watched the kiddos play together. It was so much fun, as you can tell from the pictures below. I had a really hard time saying good-bye, but now I'm looking forward to seeing them and the rest of my friends in Nashville this fall (my favorite city, my favorite season, my favorite people...I can't wait!!!).

Gus chased after the birds on the beach, only to realize that he was afraid of them and that he had walked too far away from Mama for his liking:

IMG_1540

IMG_1568

IMG_1670

IMG_1691

IMG_1731

Ring Around the Rosie:

IMG_1830

The girls:

IMG_1837

I cooked a big-ish brunch on Saturday for our guests and some other good friends. I was so worried about everyone liking the food that I didn't take many pictures. We did remember to take one of our kiddies in their matching outfits:

IMG_1864

At the park:

IMG_1858

IMG_1855

IMG_1842

We managed to take a few good group photos before they left on Sunday:

IMG_1873

As you can imagine, these three don't stay still for long!

IMG_1876

Our family:

IMG_1893

Our friends:

IMG_1894

IMG_1902

After we said good-bye to Nat and her family, we had a visit from some other really good friends that happened to be driving through town. Their daughters, Kali and Caroline, are Catalina's favorite friends ever! I got some really, really cute pictures of them playing together, but I'll post them tomorrow since this one has gotten a bit long. Have a good day!!

1 comment:

stmclaughlin said...

Thanks so much for having us! I wish I could have stayed as long as Nat and Ford. It's too bad you don't have many pictures of the brunch on Sat, because it was AWESOME!

I especially really enjoyed working on Cati's workbook with her!

Can't wait to see you guys again soon!