Sunday, August 12

A long one...

Hello, all. I am pleased to report that Catalina is feeling all better after her bug last week. She was really only actively sick that one night, then the next day or two she just slept a lot more than she normally does. Then, our good friend, baby Hadley, came down with the same thing, so we felt really bad about passing it on to her.

Here's our sick, little girl enjoying some toast and all the Disney videos she can handle:

Picture 069

Catalina has reminded us many times about her sickness..."Mama, you remember when Cati choked a lot?" She calls it "choking" because the only other time she has been sick was when she choked on some food back in the springtime. Murphy "choked" yesterday a couple of times and Catalina was so compassionate that it brought tears to my eyes. She said, "Awwwwww, Murphy. I'm so sorry, puppy. Ohhhhhh, I'm so sad por you," and hugged his neck and patted him softly on the back.

She makes me laugh so much. Earlier, Gus was standing up on the couch and Catalina, being the little mama that she is, said slowly in a very grown-up voice, "Gus, no stand up a la couch. Come here and sit on su booty." (If you know her and can imagine how she sounded when she said it, you're probably laughing out loud right now!)

On Saturday night we went out to dinner with Fraser, Bill, and Hadley (Mexican, of course!). Here are some cute pics (most are courtesy of Fra):

IMG_1493 not gussy's drink
wadles ab&fra

More pics from the past week or so that I haven't had a chance to post yet...

I feel like the luckiest person in the world because I get to wake up to these cuddly, little guys every morning:

Picture 071

Picture 033

Papa put together this picnic table last weekend (a gift for Cati's birthday from Abuela Glo and Abuelo Lou-p) and Cati had a picnic breakfast before Papa took it into the backyard.

Picture 003

Last week, Gus took his first steps at the park. Before that, for some reason, he always resorted to crawling. I guess it's a bit overwhelming for the little guy. He did a great job (as you can see below) and especially loved trying to climb up the slide.

Picture 040 Picture 059

Picture 056

Picture 063

Picture 064

Finally, Louie's aunt and uncle came over last weekend to deliver some birthday gifts for Cati. She and Gus have just loved playing with them!

Picture 019

Picture 031

4 comments:

UKNat said...

I haven't seen any pictures of Hadley in a while. She is a BEAUTIFUL baby! Of course, I already knew your kids are beautiful.

In a little more than 48 hours we'll be in Tampa! I can't wait! Love you, Nat

Mellie said...

Great pics! Love the pigtails, love Gussy's smile in his chair, and what a funny picture of you buried in children and blankets. Glad to hear Cati's feeling better. Take care.

Fraser said...

Dinner was so much fun...we definitely need to do it again soon. And I can't say enough how much I love that y'all live right down the street!

Loves, Fraser

HollyGee said...

Your kids are just too cute for words!!!