Also this weekend, we were celebrating Louie's mom's birthday. Catalina was so cute because she wanted to be right in the middle of everything...helping to blow out the candles, organizing the presents and handing them to Abuela Glo, and helping her unwrap them. I kept forgetting to take pictures on Saturday, but Louie's aunt got some good ones, so I'll share those when I get copies.
On Sunday at the soccer game, Gus was absolutely in hog heaven with all the bleacher steps to climb, the chairs to climb in and out of, and the track to run on. As you'd expect, we had to keep a close eye on him so that he didn't run onto the field. He has just begun a phase in which he pitches an absolute fit if he doesn't get what he wants...he makes this shrill, high-pitched sound that barely qualifies as a scream, goes limp and either falls on his bottom or throws himself down on his stomach (but looks up to make sure you're watching) and bangs his fists or kicks his feet. If you try to pick him up, he arches his back to make himself harder to hold. I know that I am going to grow very tired of this, but right now I just start laughing. I can't help myself. Anyway, he showed off his tantrum skills yesterday on the track everytime we tried to stop him from running onto the field!


Louie's family...Catalina went down the line and tickled each of them under the chin.

Gus making a run for it...

Got his chance at half time...

Future soccer star and the most beautiful girl in the world!

On Friday, my kiddos, Mindy, and Ali provided me with a much-needed paperwork break at the aquarium. The kids had a great time, as always. That's one of our favorite things to do these days. Once it cools off, I think we'll frequent the zoo, also.
This was the first trip to the aquarium during which Gus was free to roam instead of being confined to the stroller. He had so much fun and I probably had even more fun watching him and his sister run around together. They, and their papa, are my greatest joys of my life (Diet Coke, Murphy, and running come in a close second)!







2 comments:
HAHA. Thanks for the shout out. And yes, I do love it. You're kids are so cute, and I can't wait to see the third. I noticed you left out Doc on your list of close seconds to the joys in your life. Am I missing something or is he just that much of a terror? Hope all is well.
Don't forget, today's a big Grey's Anatomy day. It's the release of the Season 3 DVD set and the 3rd volume of the Soundtrack. I'm currently downloading the soundtrack from iTunes as we speak. Can't wait for the new episode (9/27)! Looks fabulous. I miss our GA talks!
Abby - I enjoy looking at the pictures of the kids. It has been fun watching them grow. Thanks.
Grace
Post a Comment