Sunday, September 30

Weekend

Doc came home on Friday afternoon feeling much better than he felt when he left that morning. His current dosage of medication leaves him pretty groggy, so we’re going to ask the vet about that. Otherwise, he seems to be feeling well and just really glad to be home. When I brought him home on Friday, Cati and I were jumping around and cheering for him, telling our Doc-dog how much we missed him. Then, baby Gus, who was also running around and laughing, said several times as plain as day, “Doc-dah!” I tried to get it on video, but instead of saying “Doc-dog,” he started saying “Doggieeee” over and over again. Just watch, it’s really cute! He also has a cute new trick…when you ask him what a lion says, he roars really loud. Until today, if you said, “What does a cow say?” he would roar like a lion. Horse? Roar like a lion. Pig…roar. You get the picture. But, today, he learned to quack like a duck. It's adorable. I’ll try to get that stuff on video, too.



Cati had soccer practice yesterday. She was slow to join in and then had a bit of a meltdown about 30 minutes into practice, deciding that she just wanted to go to her home. Instead, we stayed and watched the rest of practice. She says she loves soccer and has fun doing it, so maybe her mood was related to her lingering cold. We’re hoping that she enjoys it more next week.

IMG_2976

IMG_2978

Even though Gus, Cati and I weren’t feeling 100%, we decided that we were tired of being cooped up in the house all week. So, we went to Clearwater Beach with Mindy and Ali for dinner and a sunset stroll on the beach. The weather was perfect…windy and not hot at all. It was such a nice time!

IMG_3001

IMG_3031

IMG_3053

IMG_3074

Someone had the nerve to take Gussy’s shovel away. Poor little guy.

IMG_3076

He got over it quickly, though, and enjoyed the rest of the evening.

IMG_3127

IMG_3130

2 comments:

UKNat said...

How's Doc? That little Gus is going to be talking up a storm soon! I can't wait! It's sooooo fun! Nat

Jenny (Twin Mommy!!!) said...

Hey Ab - wow you have had a busy few weeks. I am just settling back down after vaca. Glad Doc is doing ok - my friends dog has been on meds for seizures for probably 5 years and it works great! hopefully you will find the right dose soon. Gus is super adorable, he is learning so quickly! Keep up the good work Mom!