Thursday, November 29

Catching up

In my previous posting about Thanksgiving, I neglected to mention our drama on the night before Thanksgiving. Gussy was playing in our room, not doing anything crazy, and just tripped over the dog bed and hit his head on the hardwood floor. He immediately went from acting normal as could be to being very lethargic and nodding off to sleep. Then, he started vomiting. I've never seen him like that. We rushed him to the After Hours Pediatric and spoke to our pediatrician on the way. The whole way there, he was nodding off to sleep in the car and still acting strange. Then, when we walked in the door of the office, he snapped out of it and was acting completely normal. The doctor examined him and he was perfectly fine, he just told us to wake him regularly during the night to make sure that he was still okay. Poor buddy. And, poor mama, because I was an emotional, blubbering mess for the next 24 hours.

On Friday and Saturday mornings, Cati, Papa, and I made our own Christmas tree decorations. It was so much fun for all of us! Then, we put up our tree and other decorations over the next couple of days. Catalina has been so excited about it and Gus squeals everytime he sees a decoration.

IMG_5032

This happens about 172 times a day...Gus sees the tree, squeals, runs toward it, and steals an ornament! We're working on that!

IMG_5054

IMG_5055

IMG_5056

Notice the absence of ornamentation on the lower part of the tree:

IMG_5050

Notice the extra stocking for our baby brother:

IMG_5051

On Sunday evening, we had a wonderful visit with some wonderful friends, the Fletchers. Their boys, Will and Grayson, were so much fun and got along great with Cati and Gus.

IMG_5044

Tuesday was Papa's 33rd birthday, so we celebrated with blueberry pancakes for breakfast and then went out to dinner for the kids' first sushi experience. I was so disappointed that I forgot my camera because the kids, especially Cati, were adorable. Cati was very adventurous, trying a couple of rolls and using the kiddie chopsticks. Gus particularly enjoyed the seaweed in the miso soup! Isn't that funny?

Here is the birthday boy and his two greatest gifts after breakfast:

IMG_5065

1 comment:

UKNat said...

Happy Day, Lou Lou. Love, Pord