Monday, April 21

Gussy's big birthday!

As you know, Gus turned two on Saturday. Rather than having a party, we just had a few friends (McConnell, Ruffin, and Harrison...his Lolli is out-of-town) meet us at the park on Saturday morning.

Even though Gus doesn't understand the concept of "birthdays," I know that he understood that it was a special day and that it all revolved around him. He was in a great mood and especially excited about the park and the bubbles we brought with us!

IMG_9803

IMG_9807

It's so sweet and cute when Gussy does this...when I bend down to get on his level, he thinks he's supposed to do the same. Precious!

IMG_9816

IMG_9828

The bubbles were a big hit! We attracted all sorts of kids that we didn’t know.

IMG_9852

IMG_9877

The happy, little birthday boy:

IMG_9882

IMG_9932

IMG_9957

IMG_9975

Next, we went home for naps and opening gifts

IMG_0037

IMG_0063

After the kids woke up from their naps, we went to the beach to play and have dinner as a family.

IMG_0068

IMG_0079

IMG_0088

Watching the birds:

IMG_0091

Chasing the birds:

IMG_0094

IMG_0115

This is Gussy's favorite, little comedy routine. It always gets a laugh, so anytime there’s a lemon around, he’s going to try it!

IMG_0123 IMG_0124 IMG_0125

Getting frowny and cranky (“franky” as we like to call it) after his big day:

IMG_0133

I've got a few more pictures from this weekend and more to share about the birthday boy, but I'll save that for next time. Thanks to everyone that helped him have such a wonderful day!!

4 comments:

Mellie said...

Happy Birthday to Gus! He's growing up so fast, he looks like a little boy now. Great pics and always good to see you in front of the camera every now and then!

UKNat said...

Happy Birthday, Gus!

Anonymous said...

I always enjoying reading about the kids. It is hard to believe that Gus is 2. The pictures are all great of the kids. You and Louie look great. God Bless you all! Grace

Jenny (Twin Mommy!!!) said...

Happy Birthday Gus! I haven't been here in a while and just saw the video's of Max. That is so precious. And that little laugh is priceless!! Makes up for all the cries!

You are such a great momma!