Thursday, April 10

Keeping cool

Our a/c is finally fixed and, boy, do I appreciate cool air now that it's back. We've tried to keep cool over the past several days by spending as much time away from our house as possible. It rained a lot on Sunday, so that made it easy to cool off. Cati and Papa went out to play in the puddles alone at first. Baby Gus stared out the window, having a fit to join them, so, of course, I obliged. See the cute pics below!

IMG_9100

They checked for cars first, I promise.

Splashing

Yesterday, we swam and played at the pool with McConnell and Ruffin. No pictures in the actual pool because Merritt and I had our hands full trying to watch all four daredevil children. It was exhausting, but lots of fun!

IMG_9109

IMG_9129

IMG_9139

IMG_9144

I love this one!

IMG_9148

I'm headed to Guatemala tomorrow. Excited and nervous and really, extra-sad about being away from Cati and Gus for a few days. I am very thankful, though, that I have the opportunity to visit our baby boy. He is a gift from God and I can't wait to get my hands on him. Cati is sending me with lots and lots of kisses. She told me that she wants me to kiss him all over his face for her and Gus. So very sweet!

I'll be back with updates soon. Thanks for all your prayers and support. We love y'all!

5 comments:

Jenny (Twin Mommy!!!) said...

I'll be praying for a safe and happy trip. What a great mom you are already to this little guy!! Have a good one and call me when you get back.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing the lovely pics. Gus and Cati are just adorable!! We are so jealous of the beautiful backgrounds and pretty weather.

Can't wait to see more updated photos of Max. I know he is as precious as your two other children. Have a safe trip...

Hugs,
ge

Mellie said...

Have a safe trip! I can't wait to see pictures of Max.

Kara Oosterhous said...

God's speed Ab! Enjoy every moment and make lots of memories to last you until you get sweet Max home. Your in my thoughts and prayers (your family too)! Hugs, boo

Matt said...

Hello Kitty Water Wings!!!!!! Yes!!!!! I am printing that picture for my new desk-space at work. Motoko, the japanese girl next to me has EVERYTHING down to her stapler Hello Kitty so I have to compete.

xoxoxo!