Thursday, August 28

Happy birthday, baby Max

I have lots to catch up on and normally I'd do it chronologically, but today I'm doing it in order of importance. First on the list is our sweet, baby Max. Today is his first birthday and we are missing him terribly. As much as we miss him, though, we know that his foster family is giving him all the love and hugs and kisses that he could possibly need today. That knowledge gives us great joy.

Don't get me wrong, we can't stand being away from him. This past year - the waiting, the distance, the uncertainty of the process - has been hurtful and hateful and awful, but, it has also been incredible and amazing and inspiring because our family grew (even if we haven't yet gotten there legally). A baby boy came into our lives and made everything better. He is a miracle, perfectly planned by God, but a brilliant little surprise for us. From the very beginning, we were racing against time to get him home, but we never doubted that he would be with us in the end. And, we still don't have a doubt, despite the incredible odds against us at this point (if you don't know all the details, I will fill you in eventually). We just BELIEVE that God will work this out and bring him home.

I'm going to leave it at that and go back to enjoying Max's birthday with his brother and sister and papa. Sweet Louie took the day off so that we could spend the day as a family and he sent us flowers to mark this occasion. Even in his absence, we are celebrating Max's birth. Happy day, baby boy. We'll spend the next one together, I know it. Oh, that reminds me...I absolutely must include this sweet story. On our way to lunch today, Catalina was singing "Happy Birthday" to baby Max in the car. Then, she said, "I'm going to say a little birthday prayer for baby Max, okay? You say what I say [meaning that we should repeat her prayer every few words or so]. Dear God, thank you for this wonderful day. I wish you could sing 'Happy Birthday' to baby Max today and send him a special kiss. Amen." Well, I think it's safe to say that baby Max will get a kiss and a birthday lullaby from an angel tonight, don't you think?

5 comments:

The Frugal Countess said...

((((((HUGS)))))))

And I know that angel is also going to tell that sweet baby how much his Mama and Papa and sissy and bubby love him - and how God is going to get him home to them soon.

UKNat said...

Happy Birthday, sweet, sweet Baby Max! Praying he'll be home soon! Love, Nat

Fraser said...

Happy Birthday baby Max! Your mom and dad, sister and brother love you dearly...hoping you are home with them soon!

Kara Oosterhous said...

Cumpleanos Feliz Maxito! (pardon the Spanish if I've got it all wrong!) Thinking of you all and sending lots of love and birthday wishes to you guys and baby Max! Love, boo

Mrs.Rock said...

I love the story and hearing your faith and joy as you are waiting! I'm certain that Max got a special birthday song and kiss! We'll keep on praying! Love, Holly