Okay, now onto everyone's favorite segment of my posts: pictures! And, I've got quite a few pics and even a video of my Christmas cuties!
While my mom was still here, we made a trip to the mall for the obligatory Santa visit. Gus was so cute, all he wanted to do was pat Santa on the knee. He talked about it all morning. I think that he asked for a choo-choo train. Catalina had written a list, which included a dollhouse, a kitchen, a Pocahontas dvd, and hairbows. Max was not exactly happy about sitting near the fat, hairy-faced stranger, as you can see!

Didn't even help to have Mama and Papa around:

We also took a few pictures in front of the beautiful, Hyde Park Village tree. This one is my favorite and it pretty much sums up little Gussy's attitude since he became a big brother:

We have tried and tried to get cute pictures of the three of them in front of our tree, or wearing their matching gingerbread man jammies, but they haven't always been successful. Here are some of the cute ones:


This series makes me laugh: #1 Everyone's perfectly happy, #2 Max shows interest in Gussy's toy of the moment, #3 Max dares to touch it, #4 Gussy takes it away and Catalina tries to mediate the situation.

Last weekend we had a bit of a cold spell (before the temps went back up to 80+ this week). Merritt, Jodi, and I ran in a 5k in the cold. It was a lot of fun! There were lots of activities for the kids, so they enjoyed it,too.
After the race, in the kids' craft tent (photo taken my McConnell!):

I love this picture of my little boyfriend giving me his heart:

Max stayed nice and cozy in the stroller the entire time:

McConnell, Catalina, and Harrison working on crafts:

That night, we were so excited to have a grown-up evening at the O'Brien's Christmas party. It was lots of fun and I brought my camera, telling everyone that I was not leaving without pictures of girls hugging. All I ever take pictures of anymore is the kids...not bad in itself, but I like to have pics of my lovely friends, too.
Girls hugging:

Mission accomplished!
A couple more things, I hope that I haven't lost you by now because these are extra cute and sweet. During lunch on Tuesday, Gussy busted out with a verse from "Go Tell it on the Mountain," a song that I didn't have any idea that he knew. Then, Catalina helped him out at the end. Didn't know she knew it either, but it was so cute and sweet I had to get it on tape (below):
Also, Catalina came up to me on day with her head covered with a blanket and said, "Hi, I'm Mary." Gussy walked up next, as serious as could be, with his Bink-Bink over his head and said, "I'm Jo-fes." Here's a picture of Mary and Joseph and their baby Jesus:

And, finally, my little Gus, as you know, has been a little testy these days. One of the best ways to put him in a happy mood, if I don't feel like going to the park, is (get this) taking him to Target to look at decorations! He's crazy about them and is perfectly happy when he can see the trees and then those blow-up lawn decorations and light-up reindeers and things. Here we are yesterday morning:

5 comments:
Ab - you are so blessed and crazy right now. : ) I can only imagine and know that you are doing an awesome job. Despite the craziness, Max really does look happy.
The picture show of the gingerbread event has got me rolling laughing.
And I know to well the take them to target to get happy trick! I always buy more than I need to.
Hang in there, the Christmas card was beautiful!!! You have a precious family.
We have had the carseat issue here, too. We switched seats around and now everything is fine...in the car. The pictures of your kids with the gingerbread house definitely is similar to what goes on over here. Whenever we are doing something with or for Nino, Gia says, "Now it's Gia's turn!". It is starting to get better...there is a light at the end of the tunnel:)
PS...define cold
Your Christmas card is beautiful. You look joyful. Thanks for updating here. I was wondering how everything was going.
Target makes me happy, too. :)
Abby
You guys are doing a great job! This too shall pass. Lauren would always want me to leave Drew in the car.. She would say that store doesn't allow babies.. or she would tell him she would help him find his mommy and daddy!! Target makes me happy so if it makes the kids happy I would be there all the time!! I hope you have a wonderful holiday! We are praying for you guys!
Merry Christmas! Just catching up on your blog and wanted to say hi. My nephews have the Hallmark gingerbread house and absolutely love it. Hope you have a wonderful holiday with the kids. Take care.
Post a Comment