Friday, January 23

Ahoy Matey!

Gasparilla Pirate Fest is a tradition here in south Tampa. It's a big deal...there are balls and parades and fireworks. The Gasparilla children's parade is tomorrow (we can't make it this year, but we have some cute pics from last year if you go back in my blog archives), so today was dress-up day at Catalina's school and some of the pirates from the local "krewes" were going to "invade" the school and hand ut beads.

Here are my precious, little pirates:

IMG_7348


Arrrgh!

IMG_7368

The morning went downhill from there...Gussy pitched a fit when we got to Catalina's school and refused to go inside with us. Ten minutes later, people were coming and going to drop off their kids and we were still on the sidewalk while Gussy fussed and fought against going inside. Finally, another parent, who happens to be a fireman (Gussy's favorite), stayed with Gus while Max and I took Catalina inside. Two months ago, I would have dragged him kicking and screaming inside with us, but, with Max in my arms, it's a little harder now.

Here's a picture of the whole thing going down:

IMG_7361a

In his defense, Gus has been so incredibly good and sweet this week; however, he's got a cold and Louie let him stay up until 9:30 last night while I was at yoga. I think those things might have contributed to his mood this morning.

**By the way, I wanted to say "sorry" that I haven't posted lately. I hadn't posted in such a long time and I knew that everyone would want an update on how the kids are, so I started putting all this pressure on myself to post a big, long story with lots of pictures. Then, it was difficult to find time to type up this fabulous update, so I just started avoiding it. To take the pressure off myself, I decided to start off slow. I'll try to update y'all on the kids and the transition as I go**

4 comments:

Jenny (Twin Mommy!!!) said...

Glad to see pictures of the pirates. And give yourself a break. you have enough pressures right now to worry about the blog. Just know I am thinking of you guys and sending you my prayers! Love you, Jen

The Williams said...

I love that you got a picture of sweet Gus fussing...you have to admit, he is really cute when he is throwing a fit! Hang in there sweet Abby. You are such a great mommy and I know the transition must be so challenging for all. Don't worry about doing a long blog...that is what makes me put off blogging too! The short ones are so much quicker and more doable! (is that a word???)

trixie said...

The pirates are precious.
We know it is very hard with 3 little ones.
Love you. Grace
P.S. Renee is still having problems getting to your blog. Would you please send her an email so she can try again rrmorri@aol.com

UKNat said...

Abby! I'm the same way about my blog. I've gotten behind and it's overwhelming to think about getting caught up, so I just haven't posted anything. You have a much better excuse than me (actually, three of them).

I love your little pirates. They look precious! Love and miss you!