Monday was rainy - which is just our luck because it hasn't rained here since the half-marathon! - but the weather cleared up just in time for a lovely afternoon and evening on the beach. We checked in at our hotel (a series of colorful cottages on the bay, right across the street from the beach) and went out on the dock to watch the pelicans. There were five or so in the water and when they flew away, Gussy screamed with delight, "They have big wings on!" (as if they could change between big and little wings like we change our shirts)

This was his face when they flew away, I can't believe that Bibi caught this expression:

Sweet, sweet babies:

In front of our little cottage (by the way, we walked into the cottage and I guess Catalina was expecting it to be larger because she said, "Wow, there's not much room in here," and Gussy, always the copycat, said, "What happened here?!" It was so funny!):

Checking out the beach:


Max definitely remembered the seagulls from our last beach visit. He would point and say so seriously, "Buh."

Next we stopped for some messy, but delicious, ice cream:


Max is in that phase right now where he refuses to let anyone else hold the spoon or fork to feed him. We just laugh and keep the wipes handy!

Sweet Louie drove all the way out to the beach just to meet us for supper. We were so glad that he did because we had the best time playing and watching the sunset!
Oh, here's a funny picture from dinner...this picture below is the view from our table. Look closely and notice that Gussy colored on the window. I'm telling you, that was the least of their worries when it came to cleaning our table. The mess we made was probably a record for us! Again, sometimes you just have to laugh.

A few family pictures before sunset:


Love this one of Bibi and the kids!

Playing in the sand, there are so many cute photos that I'm just going to post lots of little ones!

These just have to be seen larger because of their cute little faces!


Okay, as usual, I have posted too many pictures and now I'm out of time. I'll continue with our second day at the beach in a few days. If it's possible, the pictures from the next day are even prettier than the ones above.

3 comments:
That family picture is to die for! And the one of you and Louie makes my heart melt! Sheer happiness. Love you Ab and I couldn't be more proud of you and your precious family. You'd get a few good laughs watching me try to "be a cheerleader" again... Not as flexible as I once was (as if I ever was). Miss ya girl. karaboo
Never to many pictures. The family shots are great. I just love the one of you and Louie. You guys are a picture of happiness! Love you! Skinny
These pictures are precious. All of the family pictures are beautiful. I LOVE the one of Louie and you. Of course, I love the ones of your children. But once you have kids, there are rarely even any taken of just the parents (at least at our house). I love and miss you! Natalie
Post a Comment