Maxito's 2nd birthday, on August 28th, was pretty low-key, given all the excitement we just went through with our big move. We went out for Mexican food, of course, and then back to our house for gifts and cake!
C & G and the funny little man at our new favorite Mexican restaurant:

The funny little birthday boy and Papa:

Who wants gifts and birthday cake?? "MEEEEEE!"



Now, on to the next milestone...Cici's first day of kindergarten at Summerville Elementary School!! She loves going to school and she hasn't had any of the troubles she had at the beginning of last year (she was really shy about meeting people). Right away, she came home talking about different girls and boys in her class and about who played with whom on the playground. I'm so proud of her! Last week, she was recognized as the "Terrific Kid" in her classroom. I'll post pictures from the little celebration at a later date. At the rate I'm going, I'll get to them sometime in 2010. ; )


Adorable backpack, care of Tia Jules and Tio Matty!


The boys started preschool a couple of weeks later at Summerville Baptist Church. The first weeks weren't easy for any of us...a couple of days I had to literally chase Gussy down the hall and carry him kicking and screaming into his class and, most days, I could hear Max crying my name as I was walking out of the building into the parking lot. Ugh. We persevered, though, and now they are really starting to like their new school. Both of their teachers are really, really sweet. Gussy's teacher is a fellow adoptive mom, so I have a soft spot for her.


Now, our first (and hopefully last) emergency room visit with one of our children. Less than a week after we got to Summerville, Max fell in the playroom and hit the back of his head on a table. Only a couple of staples were needed, but it was exhausting and emotional for all of us. We received really good care from Louie's emergency department both times (we had to go back a few days later when Gussy and Max were dragging each other around in a laundry basket and Max fell out and hit the staples on the floor). Louie has a picture from the ER visit somewhere, but this is one from our visit to the hospital to have the staples removed. Here are all three of my sweet boys!!

I have to post this video to show you my sweet Max's terrible temper! He is different than Catalina and Gus in that way. Catalina, she's a worrier and she also pouts when things aren't going her way, but, the majority of the time, she is just as sweet as she can possibly be. Gussy, he's a charmer, more introverted and shy, with his fair-share of terrible-three tantrums. But, then there's Max. He's the spitfire of the bunch. He's silly and fun with an infectious little personality most of the time, but if you make him mad...watch out! It's not the terrible twos. He just has a bad temper and is incredibly willful. Here's an example. If you're wondering why I didn't pick him up and console him, it wouldn't have worked. It never does. He just gets it out of his system and then he's back to his happy-go-lucky self!!
Okay, a couple more videos before I go. This time, the vocal stylings of Gussy 'Puto (that's how he says his name). He has a new favorite song every week. These are a couple of his most recent:

1 comment:
Oh Abby -sounds like things are going well! I can't believe the ER - I thought for sure it was the flu. I am so glad to heare Cati is doing well in school, what a relief. As for the boys - I get that behaviour as well. I have to say from the pictures in the last two posts, everyone looks really happy! And Gus looks like a big kid, I think he has grown the most! I love you!
Post a Comment