I belong to more than one online discussion forum for Guatemalan adoptions. All day long people post information and questions on these things. My participation, however, has primarily consisted of lurking. I posted a question once and got several informative responses. Twice I responded to questions that other people posted.
Checking these forums each day is highly addictive and often depressing for me. Most of the time, the poor people are just seeking empathy (or complaining) about the process, the length of their DNA/family court/PGN wait, etc. It's a lot like my blog postings, really, except in massive quantities and with worse spelling and grammar choices.
However depressing these groups might be, every day I go back for more...trying to get clues as to how much longer Louie and I will be waiting. Well, yesterday was a really great day for a lot of adoptive families and not at all depressing for me! PGN has been backed up for several months, but, yesterday, people were coming out successfully left and right! It looks like most of them went in during April, May, or June (some as late as June 23rd!). We're hoping that this means that they are getting caught up and making room for PGN newcomers like our babies and my friend's baby, Amelia (entering PGN anyday now)!
Cross your fingers for more "outs" in the near future!
Friday, August 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment