Saturday, September 2

Surprise Baby Shower

Louie's very kind and thoughtful colleagues threw us a surprise baby shower yesterday. Well, it wasn't a surprise for me. They told me about it so that I could be there. But, it was a surprise for Louie.

We really appreciate all the wonderful gifts we got, but even more so, we appreciate all of their enthusiasm and support. They ask Louie about the kids all the time and some of them even have photos of the kids on their refrigerators!

The last few days of this week were pretty bad for me in terms of my adoption patience level. I have a wonderful friend, Steph, that is also adopting from Guatemala. They had a major setback in their adoption timeline in the past few weeks. I think that seeing what she and her husband have been through has caused me to be extra-paranoid about our case. I finally broke down in fits of tears on Thursday night. And, on Friday morning, the first words out of my mouth when I woke up were "I want my babies" and I started crying again. But, if Steph can make it through their setback and still be positive and encouraging, then I can make it through a couple more months of this waiting game. That thought definitely puts things back in perspective. Plus, the shower was a nice and cheerful distraction from all of that.

Definitely feeling better today, but please continue to pray for us that we will be patient and faithful. And, that our babies continue to be healthy and happy in their current living situation. We have always been extremely thankful for Rosita. The more that we hear from other adoptive parents about their foster situations, though, we become even more appreciative of Rosita's kind, loving spirit and the wonderful care that she gives our children. Knowing that our babies are in such a good, nurturing foster home really does make this wait easier for us.

No comments: