Thursday, December 7

Prayers & Baby Salem

We were honored to have dinner last night with the newest member of the Leim family, beautiful baby Salem! I can't begin to tell you how beautiful and precious she is, so I'll just show you...

DSCN5528

DSCN5523

DSCN5530

For those of you that are new to my blog, I'll give you the short version of Salem's story...Josh and Keely, our amazing friends, adopted her from Ethiopia. Salem, whose given name, Yimegnushal, means "they are longing for you" in Amharic. Shortly after receiving their referral, Josh and Keely had to travel to Ethiopia because Salem was gravely ill. While they were there, Salem endured even more serious illness, requiring weeks of iv antiobiotics and feeding tubes. But, by the grace of God, Salem made it through and is happy and healthy and home with her loving parents! Josh and Keely wholeheartedly believe that the only things that saved their girl were the prayers of so many believers and the grace and mercy of God.

It's an amazing story and it's proof to me that prayers work. So, again, I am asking y'all to continue praying for Catalina and Gus, that their adoption will be approved by the Guatemalan government soon (this week, even).

We will never forget how all of you have lifted us up. I know that there are so many of you out there praying. Our friends and families. Our community group at church. Natalie's community group. Steph's community group and all her blog readers. My "adoption friends," many of whom I've never met but to whom I am very connected. My blog readers, people that we don't even know. Oh, and our friend emailed me yesterday that she has her second grade class at Orangewood praying for us. The thought of an entire room of children praying that our babies will come home soon is overwhelmingly touching to me.

All of you, thank you a thousand times. We love you!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Salem is just positively precious! such a little angel face. God is good!

We're all praying for you, too! Gus and Catalina will be home soon!! He is preparing their way now!!

God Bless!

JuJu - said...

Salem is blessed to have such amazing parents! God is the heart of adoption - he adopted us first!
I am parying your you and your percious little ones! I know this is hard - try to remember to praise him in this storm and know that the McKenzie Crew is lifting you all up before the throne of our God daily:)

Our Father is faithful to hear our prayers and Answer them!

Love To the FOUR of you!

Julia McKenzie and The Crew:)