Wednesday, January 31

7 weeks since our PGN out

Yep, that's right. Seven weeks and we still don't have 'pink' (that's adoption-speak for our Embassy appointment...basically, the entire adoption is complete except for getting their passports, visas, and the final okay by the U.S. Embassy to bring the children back into the states). I know that means nothing to most of you, but trust me when I tell you that the Guatemalan-adoption mamas that are reading this are appalled by this fact. The normal timeframe from PGN out to pink is three to four weeks.

According to our agency coordinator, the paperwork was submitted to the Embassy on Monday, which means we should have our pink slip today. It's hard for me to believe any information they give me at this point, though.

We're cautiously optimistic that we'll have good news for you tomorrow.

1 comment:

JuJu - said...

I am so sorry for your wait. I know you feel like enough is enough at this point!!!One day - I promise you - you wil look back on these LONG horrible days - and be able to smile.
God loves Catalina and Gus more than you do - that is a mind boggling phrase isn't it. It is a fact though. And another fact is - he created both of them to be in YOUR family. Long before you knew of them - he had a plan for the four of you. Please try today to remember that. He loves you more than your human mind can even begin to comprehend, and believe it ot not - he hurts to see you hurting and he holds every tear you have cried. He is standing in front of you now with his arms open - waiting to welcome you into them and hold you tight.

I am praying for PINK!

Julia:)