Thursday, January 25

I guess we shouldn't be surprised, but...

We found out today that our facilitator won't be submitting us to the Embassy until Monday. That means that our Embassy appointment probably won't be until the first full week of February. I can't even talk about it without crying. I really thought we'd be seeing Catalina and Gus next week. We are both completely miserable about having to wait another week.

7 comments:

JuJu - said...

I am so sooorrrrrrrrryyy!!!!!!I am crying with you = this has been hell week for me too! Threats to abort our baby (25 weeks pregnant) if we don't do this or that!

I hurt with you and I am praying for you and for your gorgeous babies! Hang in there and know They are safe in his arms until they can be in yours!!

Julia

Anonymous said...

I am so disappointed for you! I have been checking in, anxiously waiting for news that you get to go pick them up, and am so sad that you have to wait any longer.

Know that you have a lot of people praying for your babies to come home, including me!

Amy (Tucker) Welty

Ashley said...

UGGGHHH! I am SOOOO sorry! I was jumping to your site to see what the word was. I will never even begin to understand how the system works in Guatemala... it is just crazy!!!

Ashley J

Princess D said...

Hi,

I saw your blog for the first time the other day and I wanted to tell you that I understand why you are going nuts right now. We were in the same boat the last week and it was grueling. I understand how a week can seem like an eternity. Your kids are soooo cute. I really wanted to adopt two at once (baby and toddler)but hubby said no. You are super lucky. Hang in there and get some extra sleep. I promise you will miss that part of your old life very soon LOL BIG HUGS!
Diana
cupcakeandstinkyt.blogspot.com

HollyGee said...

Gosh, this truly sucks. I know when it is so close time seems to go at an extra slowwww pace. I wish I could go to GC to take your 'going-back-home' pictures too. They are two of the most beautiful children I have ever seen.

Mellie said...

Hey Abby,

It's been too long, but I've been keeping up with your blog to see how things are going. I'm so sorry to hear the news, and I can't even imagine how you feel right now. My thoughts are with you. I miss our talks at work, especially about Grey's Anatomy. I hope you were able to watch the episode tonight and get your mind off of things for just an hour. Give me a call with things settle down and let's do lunch.

Hugs,

Mellie

JuJu - said...

Just checkin on ya and saying - you are in my thoughts and prayers!!

Julia:)