Lately I've been worried about how I'm going to get food on the table every night while I'm still getting used to hanging out with Catalina and Gus all day long. Well, lots of my friends with kids have the same concerns, so last night we all went to this place called The Dinner A'Fare . You make a reservation ahead of time and you pick your menu (twelve meals for either 4-6 people or 1-3 people). Then, you show up for your reservation and all the ingredients are there, all chopped up and ready for you. You go to a bunch of stations and put together the twelve meals that you ordered. You wrap them all up in a bunch of ziplock bags and pop them in your freezer. Then, whenever you need a good meal but don't have the time to plan the menu, do the shopping, and prepare all the ingredients, you just take one out of the freezer and there you go. It's such a smart thing. Y'all know how much I love to be within 100 yards of raw meat...not at all. But, I didn't have a problem with this because all the meat was in bags. You really don't ever touch any of the ingredients, anyway.
If you're short on time, either because of kids or your job or bedrest like Ans(Georgie, if you're ever on bedrest again, I'm doing this for you), you really, really need to check this out. We're going to try to go back on a regular basis.
No news on our Embassy appointment. We are hoping for all call today about it. Please cross your fingers and say a prayer.
Wednesday, January 24
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Some ladies at WECC went a couple weeks ago. I didn't go, but I want to. I was going to suggest it to you so you could get a jump start on meals. I'm glad you were able to go!
LOVE! Nat
Post a Comment