Wednesday, February 7

It's a done deal!

We had to get up **very** early for our Embassy appointment this morning. Both kiddos were great, though. They got a little bored at the end, but for the most part, they were troopers. It was a long and crowded wait, but it was worth it because now it's finally final! Tomorrow, we pick up their visas and then we're headed home the next day. We gave Catalina an adorable toy airplane with a little pilot and two passengers and suitcases...the wings light up and it says, "Fasten your seatbelts for take-off!" She loves it and wanted to sleep with it last night. We thought it might help her get excited about the flight home and I guess it worked. Oh, also, we got Gus a little outfit with planes all over it. So cute!

So, today, our precious foster mom cooked us a late lunch and we spent most of the afternoon at her home. Our facilitator fussed at us when we got back because we were not yet supposed to take them from the hotel. Neither of us realized that...we thought that after their Embassy appointments, we were okay to venture out once. Apparently not. It's not like we will get in trouble or anything...just an earful from our facilitator. I'm thankful that nothing happened (the facilitator worries that the police will stop the family and the family will not have all of the proper paperwork yet) and I'm sorry that we upset you-know-who, but I will honestly say that our visit and meal with the foster mom and her friends and family, on top of our adoption being final, made this one of the best days of my entire life. I can't wait to tell y'all more about it.

Gotta run. Cati and Gus both fell asleep on the way back to the hotel, so Louie's having a little siesta himself and I thought I'd post a quick update.

Love y'all, Ab

5 comments:

Ashley said...

OH WOW... I know you are just overcome with excitement. What an honor to spend so much time with the Foster family... you will forever cherish that! Safe travels home!!!

JuJu - said...

Glory to God in the Highest! Lord you are so faithful to your word!!I am so happy for you guys and rady to see pics of the four of you at HOME!!

Julia:)

Candy said...

Oh girl I am so happy this day has finally come for you...I am sure you had a WONDERFUL time at the foster families home... Give Hugs to Cati and Gus from me and Kya Blu

HollyGee said...

I wish I was there. I can't wait to see the homecoming pictures.

Valerie said...

Abby, I'm sooo excited for you and your family!!!!!

Linda and I are avid readers of your blog and have been praying for you the whole way through.