Tuesday, April 24

Info

I thought I should give y'all more of an update on how everyone is doing...less pictures, more info.

So, Gus...he has gotten six teeth in so far. He's gradually working his way up to more grown-up foods, but like I said yesterday, he still prefers sweet potatoes and bananas over anything else (even birthday cake!)! He's not walking at all. In fact, sometimes I think that boy doesn't even have the desire to walk. He can freestand just fine and take tons of steps holding onto someone or something, but I think he's just perfectly happy right now zipping around the house on all fours! He doesn't say any new words...still just "Mamamamama" when he needs me. But, he has learned lots of sounds, including all the usual "dada," "baba," etc. He is clicking his tongue a lot this week, if you have any idea of what I mean when I say clicking his tongue. Oh, and he'll imitate almost any sound you make. A lot of times when I yell at Doc, Gus will say "Duh!" really loudly after me. It's really cute. Sometimes he'll do a little slight wave at you when you wave him. He claps on command and sometimes in response to being given a Biter Biscuit or Zwieback Toast. And, when you ask him "How big is Gustavo?" he raises his hands really high in the air. Oh, and he sleeps through the night 'til about 4 or 4:30, then we usually bring him to bed with one of us and then he sleeps through 'til 7 or so.

Cati...she's funny and bossy and beautiful, as usual. She has been testing the limits a little lately...yesterday, she would stand on one side of our kitchen, which opens into the living room, and would push her doll stroller really hard to see if it would make it all the way to the other side of the living room (even after I asked her to stop). Also, she has been saying things like, "Leche now, Mama!" When I tell her that's not a very nice way to ask, she'll say "Leche now please, Mama!" I can't help but laugh at that one. Oh, this is funny...she showed Louie these itchy little bumps (maybe bug bites) that she had on her arm last week and told him that a lizard bit her. Again, we laughed! Otherwise, she's a really energetic and sweet little girl. She loves to help me around the house with anything and everything that I do...when I'm taking clothes out of the dryer, she askes if she can help me...swiffering the floor, wants to help...changing Gus's diaper, wants to help. It might take a little longer with her assistance, but she gets so excited about it that it is totally worth it for me. Her favorite song is "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and when it plays in the car, she asks to hear it over and over again. She doesn't sleep through the night very well and insists on having one of us with her. Also, she doesn't ever (day or night) like to be in a room alone. She used to say, "No solita, Mama" and that has since turned into "No self, Mama" (today she said "No by self, Mama") as she is learning English. I don't blame her one bit after all that she's been through. She's afraid that I or Louie won't come back if we leave her. I don't blame her, but it makes it hard for me to accomplish anything during the day.

Okay, that's your update on the kiddies. Oh, and about our move, our amazing realtor helped us find the most wonderful house in South Tampa. We love, love, love it! Today is the inspection and we should be closing on the 14th. Cross your fingers that all goes well.

More soon. Y'all have a good day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, your new house is beautiful BUT my favorite part is that it is right down the street from MY house!!! So excited to be neighbors...who would've thought?
Love y'all, Fraser

Ashley said...

You know with as much as you have been through and the kids have been through... it is a blessing to see that they are OH SO NORMAL for thier ages. I could almost copy and paste that post for my 2 youngest!