When I was in junior high, one of my best friends made fun of me - to my face, in front of everyone at the lunch table! - for wearing the same jeans multiple times in one week. I felt like a leper. It was devastating and I'm pretty sure that I didn't make that mistake (wearing the same article of clothing more than once in a week) again for at least a decade.
Oh, how times have changed. Today, I can shamelessly admit the following:
1 - Since the kids came home in February, I frequently average 1.5 days per shirt-wearing (that is, I put a shirt on one morning, sleep in it that night, continue wearing it the next day until I can manage to take a shower). I should point out that when "re-running" a shirt, I typically like to change my shorts/pants/skirt if I can find the time.
2 - Since we moved last week, my per shirt-wearing average has reached new heights!!
It's a good thing that I have such beautiful, sweet, and interesting children. When we run errands, everyone is too busy looking at them to notice how greasy my hair is and that my shirt has a little bit of yesterday's lunch on the sleeve. : )
Please note: I harbor no ill-will toward the friend that made fun of my jeans. Everyone knows that jr. high and even high school girlfriends can be horrible monsters to each other one day and then can't live without each other the next (even now I dread it for Catalina). I was just as bad as the next girl. Plus, that particular friend single-handedly got me through lots of high school drama, so I never held it against her.
Friday, May 25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Despite wearing the same shirt and going sans shower for days at a time, my wife is still able to look beautiful, smell bearable, and remain relatively sane...all with a husband/father that has been going in three different directions over the past two months.
I think someone is definitely loved by her husband! I have to smile as I can totally relate. Isn't it amazing how things change... Bananna Republic has been replaced by Target because you can grocery shop, necessity shop, and clothes shop all in one trip! If only we had a Target in Glenwood! Remember, it's good for the hair to "marinate" in its natural oils for a couple of days! That is how I justify it! Hang in there! Love ya.
Look at that sweet hubby of yours! Hey... don't they say that you should only bathe every other day anyway so you do not dry out your skin... you are probably doing more good than you know.
And Jr. High ( which dates me because now it is middle school)... I made the mistake of buying Guess Jeans with a GREEN tag... I had sent my mom after them... I had no idea that GREEN meant they were BOYS. Took me years to get over that faux-pas! (And I was so proud I finally had cool clothes)
Post a Comment