We hadn't really mentioned Catalina's birthday to her before this week. Call it selfish, but since she doesn't really have much of a concept of weeks or months, I figured if I mentioned it too far in advance, she'd just bug me about it all the time. Now that the week has arrived, though, we've been really playing it up, telling her all the fun things that are going to happen: birthday cake (she and I ordered it yesterday), a visit from Abuelita Bibi, spending the night at Abuela Glo and Abuelo Loup's house, lots and lots of presents (as you would expect, this is her favorite part). This morning when we were out walking with Fraser and Hadley, she asked me to tell Fraser about her birthday and added later to be sure and tell Fraser about all the presents! (A side note: The girl talks and talks my ears off all day long. I have a feeling that the reason Gus doesn't talk much is that he just can't get a word in edgewise. Anyway, Cati likes to have me all to her herself, so lately we've been working on patience. This morning, during our walk, Cati interrupted our conversation to tell me, "Cati is really good patient por que you is talking so, so much a Fraser." She really makes me laugh so much!)
While Gus was napping earlier, Cati and I made a paper chain to help her countdown the days. We even bought special paper for the chain. She picked it out...all green and pink with one sheet of Hello Kitty and flowers. I find myself feeling like a kid at Christmas, too, because her excitement is contagious. And, the best part is that she doesn't even know about the best part...her birthday trip to Magic Kingdom! We're surprising her and she's going to love it!
Tuesday, July 10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Feliz Cumpleanos a Catalina!!!!! Yo mucho gusto la pictura. Muchas gracias!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cannot BELIEVE she is going to be 4. Not possible!!!! I know she is going to go INSANE for Disney - can't WAIT for pictures!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxo Stephanie :)
WOW... it will be unforgettable. We SOOO want to go.
HAVE FUN!
You must do the princess breakfast for your princess.
Hey Y'all -
Long time no hear from you:)
LOL:)
I hope all is well with your gang:)
PLEASE come join the fun in Atlanta the weekend of October 5th - we would love to meet y'all:)
Julia:)
Post a Comment