Friday, July 6

First Steps!!

We've had a lot going on this week...our second wedding anniversary on Monday, the third anniversary of Doc's adoption on Tuesday, Murphy's fifth birthday on Wednesday, and GUS'S FIRST STEPS on Friday!! I was on the phone with my mom when he took off by himself for the first time...three steps! I screamed and laughed so much that it scared the little guy at first.

Another first...when we sit down for meals, Catalina usually says a blessing, "Gracias a Dios por mi familia...Mama, Papa, Gustavo, Cati Marisol, Murphy, Doc, and mi comida [lately she's been saying 'mi eat' or 'mi flew-d' instead of 'mi comida']. Amen." Before she says it, she makes sure everyone has their hands together and their heads bowed. On Tuesday night, when the four of us sat down for dinner, Gus put his little hands together when everyone else did. It was really so sweet. I immediately ran to get the camera...

Picture 001

Here are some photos of Gus doing all of his tricks for me this morning:

Shake, shake, shaking his fists in the air when I say "Yeah!"

Picture 030

Gracias a Dios

Picture 034

Clapping

Picture 036

Peep-eye (My mom corrected me the last time when I spelled it "pee-pie." Y'all knew what I meant, right?)

Picture 041 Picture 042

Looking like Ben Stiller in "There's Something About Mary" after running his maple-syrupy fingers through his hair

Picture 045

Holding hands with Cati

Picture 056

In much, much less joyous news, Doc had a very grand and disturbing seizure at 4 a.m. today. He had another similar seizure about a month ago, but I sort of explained it away because it was right after our move and his condition seemed to improve so quickly. The vet thinks that he has epilepsy, but we'll know more on Monday or Tuesday when test results come back. It was very difficult for me to watch Doc going through that. I can't talk about it without crying. But, the vet was very, very optimistic, so I'm trying to be, as well.

1 comment:

Jenny (Twin Mommy!!!) said...

How exciting! It sounds like Gus is making some major strides lately. And all the tricks he can do - how fun is that. I get overjoyed when mine just smile back. Can't wait till they start doing more! And walking - how awesome, or not. Make sure that house is baby-proofed.

Sorry to hear about doc. A friend of mine has a dog that has been on seizure medication for years and is doing great. He is now 10. Hopefully, that won't be the diagnosis. We'll keep our fingers crossed.