Tuesday, September 25

We are sick

Baby Gus is teething again, so he has been drooling incessantly, having trouble sleeping, and fussing constantly for the past week. Then, yesterday, he woke up with the beginnings of a cold. This morning, the rest of us woke up with it, too. Gus sneezed and coughed all night and has two steady streams of snot running down his face. Louie and I have sore throats and sneezing. Poor little Cati woke up sobbing uncontrollably and said, "My teef aw huwtin'" She was crying so much that she had to repeat herself three times before we understood what she was saying. I asked her which 'teef' were hurting and she opened her mouth wide, pointed to the back, and said "Inside." Poor girl, she's lying on the couch and doesn't even want to play with Gussy, who, despite the cold, is playing up a storm and spreading his little germs (and snot) all around the playroom.

Gus has had several chest colds since he has been home and we have taken care of those with his inhalers. I'm not really sure what to do for him with this head cold. Any suggestions, besides getting lots of fluids and sleep, from the little mamas reading this? I'm trying to get my strategy lined up before Catalina's takes a turn for the worse. I love her as much as I can possibly love anything, but that girl is NOT going to be a good sick person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the colds! My pediatrician prescribed D-Allergy, which I think is a simple antihistimine. It works great on my two-year-old to dry up her nose. We start it early to try to prevent ear infections. The only side-effect is slight drowsiness, and you may welcome that if Gus is keeping you awake. Ha! Jill B. in Arkadelphia