We went to Kid City, which is this cute little place that has tiny versions of a grocery store, post office, city hall, library, even McDonalds! It's adorable and really a great place to visit if your child has an active imagination (like Cati and Ali). Gus had a blast, too, because he could just run up and down the little streets, pushing a little car or tricycle or whatever he could find. Oh, Gussy has a few new words: pumpkin (puh-pin), cracker (kah-ker), and baby. So far, the only words that he says without being prompted are "bottle" (bah-bah) and "ball." Oh, and he said "baby" yesterday when Cati handed him a book with a baby on the cover. We were pretty excited about that one. Another cute story before the pictures from Kid City...we were watching Jojo's Circus the other morning and she was talking about brushing her teeth and Gus got up from his little chair, turned around to me and Louie and said something in babytalk that looked very important, then he left the room. I followed him and he climbed up on this little step and grabbed his tooth brush like Jojo!
Before Kid City, we met Mindy and Ali at Starbucks. Lately Gus likes to spin in a circle and then fall on the floor, which I think is his solo version of Ring Around the Rosie. He was, of course, doing this on the dirty Starbucks floor. It doesn't bother me, but I hope y'all don't think I'm a bad mom for letting him crawl on the floor of a public establishment!


See the little phone booth and parking meter!


Notice the little football field in the background...

Ali shopping in the mini-Publix

Inside the post office

Library and After Hours Pediatric...there's a little sign in front that says "Patient Parking."

Gus in front of the city hall.

I think it would be really cute if Kid City did Christmas decorations! They have a trick-or-treat night, we might do that because it would be sooooo cute!
2 comments:
That is so cute! I wish we had one of those. Oh and what are you doing posting so early! Yikes. Looks like you guys had a blast. Bad mom for playing on the floor. If that counts, then I am in big trouble. : )
That is awesome. I'll have to look that up to see if we can take my nephews there sometime. Man, the things kids have these days. Love the pics as always.
Post a Comment