On Saturday, we got up early and went to a couple of spots on campus for more pictures by our friend, Zach. The pictures that he took are absolutely beautiful. There's no way for me to post all of my favorites, but I will post a few of them later this week. You can see all of the pictures by going to Zach's website - www.zachgoodyearphotography.com - and then click on "Order Online" and then select "Caputo Family Photos" from 11/3/07.
After pictures, we went for a delicious breakfast at the Blue Chair, then we took Abuelita Bibi for a little tour before the football game.



At the game, Catalina was mesmerized by the mascot. She wanted to see him, but when we went to talk to him and take a picture, she got a little scared.


I really should have taken more pictures of Louie and his friends at the game. We were really happy to see lots of people there, even if we didn't have much time to catch up with them. It's definitely different with your children there. Cati and Gus were both overwhelmed by all the introductions, so, after a while, we kind of went off to the side and watched the game with a few friends. Here's a picture of Mike and Jack (I'm sad that I didn't get a picture that included Lauren and Luke, Jack's twin brother...so cute!) and my boys.

After the game, we went to the alumni house for bbq. It was fun, but Gus's allergies and asthma were kicking in, so the kids, Bibi, and I went in early.

Cati wearing Alex's hat. It was the first time Alex and Helen got to meet the kids, but Catalina loved them and quickly started trying to tickle Alex (her initial show of affection to people she likes).

On Sunday, we got up early to start the long trip home. The kids were incredibly good on the car ride home. In fact, we were so proud of how they behaved the entire trip, start to finish. We all enjoyed the trip and we're so glad we did it, but we'll be hanging out here at home for the rest of 2007. The hope that the next trip we take is either to Louisiana, to see my family there, or to Guatemala to meet Max. A lot of you have asked for an update regarding the adoption situation and I wish I had more to tell you. I have heard from a couple of people that the rumors in Guatemala and on the internet are indicating that the process won't actually change until April 2008, which would be good news for us. It's all unofficial, though, so who knows. Thanks to everyone that has been asking for updates and praying for us. I promise that I'll give you information as we receive it.

3 comments:
After you visit LA and Guatemala, will you put Nashville next on the list?
Looks like fun...I was wondering when you would go visit. we will be there for Thanksgiving, Christmas and then in Mid Jan. I am very happy with they way things are going this time around for us...I am praying that you all get MAX home QUICk...Hugs Candy and Kya Blu
Looks like the really weathered all the activities well! I bet the slept most of the way home that first day. The kids are just precious. What awesome costumes! How creative!
Post a Comment